Passenger numbers

Baz-t

My wife and I will be embarking Riviera on January 4. Very much looking forward to it. 
I would be interested to learn what the passenger numbers are on the current Riviera sailing in the Caribbean. Is there anyone on board who could give a number or estimate.

On Riviera now.  I think Oceania is keeping numbers secret. However, this is our third Riviera cruise and it is quite crowded. Plan on full ship in Jan. Theatre is 85-90% full each night.  Keep on eye on my post "New Covid check in procedures". Hope it gets better. I will update.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baz-t said:

My wife and I will be embarking Riviera on January 4. Very much looking forward to it. 
I would be interested to learn what the passenger numbers are on the current Riviera sailing in the Caribbean. Is there anyone on board who could give a number or estimate.

Stu and I  are on the same cruise..really looking forward to it..

Jancruz1

We had 750 on Marina boarding in Trieste on 09NOV and a little over 900 from Barcelona back to Miami.....I heard that there were around 400 for the South America cruise that departed on the 01DEC from Miami..

For comparison, I just got off Celebrity Millennium today with 700 pax out of 2200 capacity. It was wonderful,  the best service ever on over 45 cruises. I hope my April 4 Marina sailing goes out less than full. I have been spoiled 

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

For comparison, I just got off Celebrity Millennium today with 700 pax out of 2200 capacity. It was wonderful,  the best service ever on over 45 cruises. I hope my April 4 Marina sailing goes out less than full. I have been spoiled 

While we may understand your desire to be spoiled, the cruise lines are bleeding cash right now and need full ships quickly. Oceania provides excellent service regardless of capacity. To be continue being viable, I hope the cruises are all packed for a while, including mine!

• Like 3

We had 770 on our Nov 4 Riviera cruise from Marseilles.  The transatlantic after it was supposed to have 1,150 or so.  Almost full.  Our 61% capacity was nice, but as stated before, they need fuller ships to continue to provide the fine service.  Plus a full Oceania ship still isn't that many people.😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, susiesan said:

We did a Thanksgiving cruise on the Celebrity Reflection and there were 780 pax on board out of 3046 capacity.    Elevators arrived empty and hardly saw pax in the hallways.  Zero covid for the cruise as well as the prior two.  It was grand.  Still waiting to clear waitlist on O cruises for 2022.   

We we were on the first Celebrity ship out of the US last summer, the Edge, much larger than we like but it was a deal and low capacity. Someone said 15% booked? Pool was empty, no waiting anywhere, felt like the theater was 1/4 full... Empty restaurants. Barely saw people, and we wandered around a lot! Highest crowd was at Captain Kate's talk in the theater, a good bit of which was about her cat... Maybe 10 folks at trivia.

THAT BEING SAID--and this relates to an upgrade question in our roll call-- Most of the guests seemed to be suites. So the Retreat was PACKED, all the time, as was their pool and bar--folks were wall to wall, good luck getting a lounger.. As was the suites restaurant. That's where reservations were at a premium and we STILL had to wait. All to say capacity may not be all it's cracked up to be.

• Like 1