Japan - October 2023

YORKI1

8 hours ago, YORKI1 said:

Any one know when HAL are likely to publish their Japan cruises for October 2023?

Thank you.

We were able to book the March-April 2023 Japan cruises on March 20, 2021 when they were first released.  Maybe they'll publish the late 2023 itineraries soon?

10 hours ago, zelker said:

We were able to book the March-April 2023 Japan cruises on March 20, 2021 when they were first released.  Maybe they'll publish the late 2023 itineraries soon?

Zelker, 

Thank you. I haven’t sailed with HAL for about 20 years (Alaska), I am more familiar with Princess, Celebrity, NCL and P&O. Thinking about HAL this time because there itinerary look more interesting than the others. What made you choose HAL? Have you been to Japan before?

2 hours ago, YORKI1 said:

Zelker, 

Thank you. I haven’t sailed with HAL for about 20 years (Alaska), I am more familiar with Princess, Celebrity, NCL and P&O. Thinking about HAL this time because there itinerary look more interesting than the others. What made you choose HAL? Have you been to Japan before?

Yes, we did Japan and then the TransPacific following it on Celebrity in the spring of 2018.  It was wonderful and we’re looking forward to returning.  We prefer spring because of weather and cherry blossoms, and it seems that Japan is more prone to bad weather in the fall (typhoons, floods, etc.).

We chose HAL this time because we prefer the itinerary (and price) over Celebrity.  We will become 5* Mariners this year and while we like Celebrity, we’ve predominantly sailed HAL.  Have no experience with the other lines you mentioned so can’t compare them.

Edited by zelker