Boarding Documents

looneytunes31419

Hi Everyone,

We cruise on MSC Meraviglia Tomorrow, We got our room assignments yesterday morning and my son got his boarding pass and Luggage Tags last night in his email. My husband and I still have not gotten our Boarding passes and luggage Tags as of yet. My husband is stressing out big time. When I called MSC a couple of days ago the young man told me that if they did not come in that when we get to the port that we could show our booking confirmation and that they would be able to print them at the terminal. However I find that hard to believe because out of my 30 cruises I have taken I have never heard of such. You have to show your boarding passes before you even park or before you even get in the terminal. Any advice on what to do. I will definitely be calling right at 9 am

1 hour ago, looneytunes31419 said:

Hi Everyone,

We cruise on MSC Meraviglia Tomorrow, We got our room assignments yesterday morning and my son got his boarding pass and Luggage Tags last night in his email. My husband and I still have not gotten our Boarding passes and luggage Tags as of yet. My husband is stressing out big time. When I called MSC a couple of days ago the young man told me that if they did not come in that when we get to the port that we could show our booking confirmation and that they would be able to print them at the terminal. However I find that hard to believe because out of my 30 cruises I have taken I have never heard of such. You have to show your boarding passes before you even park or before you even get in the terminal. Any advice on what to do. I will definitely be calling right at 9 am

You are sailing out of PC?  30 cruises out of where, is it relevant?  This issue from reading this forum is unfortunately not uncommon.  We sailed out of PC in September and they were more concerned about vax card.  Had all papers ready but seemed they just looked up in system.  Did not park so can't speak to that, but just take pictures of online info.

• Like 1

We sailed out of PC last month and no one asked to see any documents at all when we parked on site.

As a matter of fact, we were never asked for any info to park, no matter the cruise line.

Also,  as Dex mentioned above, the only thing anyone cared about was out Vax stuff and passports, no one looked at our boarding docs at all.

Welcome to the world of MSC.

When you finally get on the ship and see how beautiful it is and the great service on-board, you will be laughing about the shore-side operations like the rest of us.

Enjoy your cruise!

Our experience at Port Canaveral is that it is a pretty relaxed checkin.  Yes, we were asked for our cruise ticket at security at the top of the escalator at the terminal entrance (first step anybody cared about anything).  Picture Id and any document confirming booking and you get through security to the next step (medical document check).  They have copies of the manifest at security.  We did have our Cruise Ticket, but definitely saw folks who only had the booking confirmation.  

Don’t stress.  Let your cruise begin as soon as you enter the port.  Unlike Port Everglades, there isn’t even any security checkpoint to enter the cruise port.

Dennis

Having just sailed out of Port Canaveral I would say the only issue you may have before getting into the terminal is your luggage not having a room # tag. 

I would make copies of your son’s to use on your bags (if you’re in the same room) and if not ask the porter if he has any you could fill out.  Not sure they do but it’s worth the ask. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Having just sailed out of Port Canaveral I would say the only issue you may have before getting into the terminal is your luggage not having a room # tag. 

I would make copies of your son’s to use on your bags (if you’re in the same room) and if not ask the porter if he has any you could fill out.  Not sure they do but it’s worth the ask. 

Even that may be minimal as there may be someone at the luggage drop with the manifest to let the porter know the cabin number for a luggage tag. The porters do have extra blank luggage tags. As styles27 says, worst case you send all the bags to the cabin you have luggage tags for.

Dennis

• Like 1

Boarded in Barcelona a few days ago. My paperwork was all on my phone, but I couldn’t access it without internet access. Whoops. 

The outside staff was totally fine and just wanted to know my cabin number. They found me on their list and sent me on my way. 

I always initiate the eMail with my cruise tickets by logging into my MSC account .. completing information for check-in .. -> sending Docs via eMail..

extensive 20+ pages..

including Health  Questionnaire, Luggage Tags,

pre-paid vouchers, etc..

Docs for my cruise on 12/18/2021 already printed.

Boarding 12/18/21 4 days from now and still listed as GTY. I have the edocs for the cabin they took away when MSC decided to change us to GTY. If I don't get a cabin by Sunday,  I will show my paid invoice from TA along with the edocs for my old cabin and hopefully will get to check in desk and see if we get on the ship.

Multiple calls to TA and MSC keep saying no cabin assigned yet.

Rencruise: 

(I am stressed Husband of thread starter Looneytunes from above.) 

MSC had done same to us,.....we had a bella room, thay took it away and put us GTY.

Could not do anything till new cabin assigned,.....which did not happen till 36 hours before boarding,....

anyway when room assigned, we we're moved from deck 5 bella, stateroom to free upgrade deck 14 balcony with bathtub instead of shower. so nice upgrade, hope same for you!

but to anyone else having similar issues, we have now solved ours and gotten our boarding papers finally.

The issue keeping us from them emailing was,....

If you are using an "ID and Birth Certificates" Everything is working fine, and emails will come after room number is assigned.

however if you are using "PASSPORTS" even "USA issued Passports", MSC online goes haywire, and the boarding pass emails will not come even after room assignment,......

So what we had to do was call msc, have them mannually enter our passports into system for us from thay're end. (Not us, on website) and then have THEM send us PDF file by email to print our boarding pass and luggage tags. (We kept them on phone as we completed this just in case.)

anyway , hope this helps others in simaler problems,....

and look forward to boarding and trying MSC out tommarrow morning.

Edited by ragen
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ragen said:

however if you are using "PASSPORTS" even "USA issued Passports", MSC online goes haywire, and the boarding pass emails will not come even after room assignment,......

.. no problem here ..

I am always using US Passports in passenger information and had all docs emailed to me for Caribbean cruise on 12/18/2021.

This time I even could enter credit card information, I had problem during check-in on previous cruise in October.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ragen said:

Either way, That was the solution & explaination to our Issues, (and non-receved emails) according to MSC phone rep who finally got us on our way.

Glad it all was sorted out and enjoy your balcony! That’s a great upgrade!

Have fun!

8 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Boarded in Barcelona a few days ago. My paperwork was all on my phone, but I couldn’t access it without internet access. Whoops. 

The outside staff was totally fine and just wanted to know my cabin number. They found me on their list and sent me on my way. 

Did you check if there was wifi available in the Barcelona cruise terminal?

Ragen & LooneyTunes: Have a great time on your cruise! Glad you got it all straightened out and are good to go. I have also been stressing because we have 2 cabins booked (originally next to each other) that are now guarantee for 12/19/21. We're hoping we are not assigned cabins on opposite ends of the ship. I called on Monday to make sure the reservations were still linked and was told we should get the cabins assigned "3 or 4 days before sailing". I find it hard to believe they don't by now know which cabins are available. In 2016 we booked 3 cabins on the Divina as a guarantee and within less than 2 weeks had cabin assignments, 9 months ahead of when we were to cruise! Did you get an email to let you know your cabin was assigned or find out on the website?

3 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

Ragen & LooneyTunes: Have a great time on your cruise! Glad you got it all straightened out and are good to go. I have also been stressing because we have 2 cabins booked (originally next to each other) that are now guarantee for 12/19/21. We're hoping we are not assigned cabins on opposite ends of the ship. I called on Monday to make sure the reservations were still linked and was told we should get the cabins assigned "3 or 4 days before sailing". I find it hard to believe they don't by now know which cabins are available. In 2016 we booked 3 cabins on the Divina as a guarantee and within less than 2 weeks had cabin assignments, 9 months ahead of when we were to cruise! Did you get an email to let you know your cabin was assigned or find out on the website?

Yes we got that room assignment by email, at around 9:45pm Tuesday Night for a 10am Thursday Cruise arrival (so about 30 some hours before cruise) that email came to us fine, as well as basic cruise contract emails,....we only had problems with "Boarding Pass" and "Luggage Tags" emails. 

also, Thay placed our sons room, (origionally near ours at booking), but now after room re-assignment he's deck 11 aft, we're deck 14 mid-ship. (However that was because he origionally had two people booked for his room, but 1 backed out, so he's now sailing solo. so his upgrade wasn't as good as ours because of that change on his end.

Edited by ragen

MY TA called MSC today and finally got our cabin assignment.  My original mid-ship Fantastica Balcony with a larger balcony on Deck 9 is now a Balcony cabin on Deck 11, standard size balcony, I don't consider going up 2 decks to be an upgrade.  I could not access edocs and had to call MSC and they had to clairify some passport information and then emailed the documents. I've sailed with MSC 6 times and this is the first time this happened.  We sailed the Divina in September and no problems.  Customer service was never good and has gotten worse, but we always enjoy the cruise and staff.