How can On Board Credit be used/not used?

comcox

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

If all attempts at spending OBC fail, then go to the front desk and have the remainder assigned to  crew gratuities.

I would definitely find something to spend it on rather than give more than is already automatically taken off you a gratuities on a daily basis.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I would definitely find something to spend it on rather than give more than is already automatically taken off you a gratuities on a daily basis.

We had thousands of $$ to spend on a nine day cruise two years ago and I couldn't be bothered chasing around spending every single $. I was more than happy to have the remainder assigned to the crew.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
19 hours ago, texanaust said:

Are there any instances where OBC is refundable?  What if your agent purchases onboard credit for you?

The only exception that I'm aware of is that some people put cash on to their account at the start of the voyage in order to prevent / minimise a credit card charge - if unused, that cash is refundable.