Wine package

jawsbad

19 minutes ago, jawsbad said:

Does Oceania offer a wine package or do you have to purchase by the glass or bottle?  What do they charge for a 7 bottle package?  What selection is available?

Many many threads regarding your wine questions are here on the CC Oceania forums- worth some search time. That said, here are the basics.

One of the optional O Life choices is mealtime beer and wine (by the glass from a dedicated/often changing menu). It can be upgraded to the “unlimited” booze Prestige Package (almost all available spirits [but still the same wine-by-the-glass] for $20 pp/day).

Seven bottle package is about $45/bottle + gratuity (mostly $<15 USD retail choices).

Bottles for sale at approx. 300-400% markup plus gratuity (unfinished will be stored/retrieved as needed). 
Best onboard deal is ever-changing “bin end list” with discounts of 25-35% +\-. 

BTW: O’s published CYA statement is “6 bottles per cabin” of personal wine which is for  “in cabin” consumption though you can take it to a public space or dining venue for a $25/bottle corkage fee (that includes gratuity).

FWIW: I have never witnessed or heard of anyone being refused whatever amount of personal wine/spirits one chooses to carry onboard (either at embarkation or visited ports where booze sales are allowed). We do longer cruises and often bring a case at the start and replenish along the way.

One caveat: There are the occasional cheapskates who will take their personal booze out of their cabin. With the exception of the wine bottles for which you pay corkage, this is NOT OK! O’s booze policy is generous and O regulars want to keep it that way.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

47 minutes ago, jawsbad said:

Does Oceania offer a wine package or do you have to purchase by the glass or bottle?  What do they charge for a 7 bottle package?  What selection is available?

The only wine package I have seen is the 7 bottle  deal  it varies by sailing as to what is on the list  I believe it runs about $45 per bottle  when broken down

If you are fussy about what you drink I would take your own & pay the corkage

We are not too fussy so I can usually find something I like  in the regular by the glass list or just buy a bottle   as we go

We found some ones that we liked by just asking the  wine steward to recommend one

My wine palate is simple 😉

6 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Many many threads regarding your wine questions are here on the CC Oceania forums- worth some search time. That said, here are the basics.

One of the optional O Life choices is mealtime beer and wine (by the glass from a dedicated/often changing menu). It can be upgraded to the “unlimited” booze Prestige Package (almost all available spirits [but still the same wine-by-the-glass] for $20 pp/day).

Seven bottle package is about $45/bottle + gratuity (mostly $<15 USD retail choices).

Bottles for sale at approx. 300-400% markup plus gratuity (unfinished will be stored/retrieved as needed). 
Best onboard deal is ever-changing “bin end list” with discounts of 25-35% +\-. 

BTW: O’s published CYA statement is “6 bottles per cabin” of personal wine which is for  “in cabin” consumption though you can take it to a public space or dining venue for a $25/bottle corkage fee (that includes gratuity).

FWIW: I have never witnessed or heard of anyone being refused whatever amount of personal wine/spirits one chooses to carry onboard (either at embarkation or visited ports where booze sales are allowed). We do longer cruises and often bring a case at the start and replenish along the way.

One caveat: There are the occasional cheapskates who will take their personal booze out of their cabin. With the exception of the wine bottles for which you pay corkage, this is NOT OK! O’s booze policy is generous and O regulars want to keep it that way.

Since we do not have O life as an option, we will either opt for the package or bring our own and pay corkage.  What is the gratuity amt? 12% or more?

1 minute ago, jawsbad said:

Since we do not have O life as an option, we will either opt for the package or bring our own and pay corkage.  What is the gratuity amt? 12% or more?

O’s auto gratuity for retail booze is 18%. But, it’s included in the package and/or corkage price.

33 minutes ago, jawsbad said:

On purchases or daily gratuity?

I believe  spa & drinks are now 20 %  maybe someone can check

Daily gratuities

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005307374-How-much-are-Gratuities-and-can-they-be-prepaid-

6 minutes ago, Jockocruiser said:

OLife question, slightly off this topic:

Can OBC be used to apply towards payment for Daily Gratuities?

Yes. In fact, if you don’t get them covered by your TA or your O Club perks, any/all SBC showing on your shipboard account will automatically be debited for your charged before your CC is charged.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jockocruiser said:

OLife question, slightly off this topic:

Can OBC be used to apply towards payment for Daily Gratuities?

Yes   that is usually the first item that comes off any OBC you have

• Like 1

Automatic gratuity on all BTG alcohol drinks is 20%.  Oceania’s two packages are quoted at a price that already includes that gratuity (so four $10 glasses of wine in a day are really $48 of value for calculating what the package gets you).  Some cruise lines quote a package price and then 20% is added on top of that.

I find the higher priced wines by bottle only have a 100-150% markup. (Meaning 2x to 2.5x retail.) The lesser wines have the 200-300% markup.  The packages give you a 15% discount on bottles purchased. 

• Like 1

Okay. I scanned the last 4 threads on wine/bev packages/wine & spirits--along with O's actual website--& didn't find the answer: on other cruise lines, if one passenger buys a bev package, everyone else in the stateroom must purchase the same pkg. Even if Mama don't drink. And if one person upgrades, everyone has to upgrade. (Exception: underage guests). Can find nothing about this anywhere for Oceania. Must we both get packages--and if so, must they be the same one?

Edited by sofietucker

25 minutes ago, sofietucker said:

Okay. I scanned the last 4 threads on wine/bev packages/wine & spirits--along with O's actual website--& didn't find the answer: on other cruise lines, if one passenger buys a bev package, everyone else in the stateroom must purchase the same pkg. Even if Mama don't drink. And if one person upgrades, everyone has to upgrade. (Exception: underage guests). Can find nothing about this anywhere for Oceania. Must we both get packages--and if so, must they be the same one?

No.  

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, sofietucker said:

If you take the beverage package that is part of the  O Life perk  then both parties in the cabin have to take the same perk

If you want to upgrade once onboard the answer is  NO only 1 person can upgrade

You can read the T &  C  at

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

scroll down to O Life Choice

I you are purchasing the beverage package  you do not need for all in the cabin to purchase  it