Just off Equinox

lv2cruisgrl

I wrote a review but just wanted to post here also. Just finished 12 night and had a great time. We couldn't get off in Dominica unless you had Celebrity tour. All other ports we were able to walk off and shop. St Kitts had the most shopping. We thought the service was amazing and we feel the food has been improved. The shows were hit and miss. Some we loved, others not so much. So now we detox and diet until March on Edge!

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the info. We are on 1/3/22 and are really excited that captain Matt is taking over. We thought we would have him on the summit in September but he left right before we boarded. Glad to hear you had such a good time although I wouldn’t expect anything else! 

3 hours ago, Cruising is my passion said:

We are on Equinox 1/9/22 to 1/30/2022. What capacity was your cruise at in number of guests? Has anyone mentioned if reduced capacity will be extended to a certain date?

We board on January 30 so try to leave some food and drink for us.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cruising is my passion said:

We are on Equinox 1/9/22 to 1/30/2022. What capacity was your cruise at in number of guests? Has anyone mentioned if reduced capacity will be extended to a certain date?

On Nov 28 we sailed with 1825 pax.  We were told by staff the Dec 10 sailing was ~2200.

11 hours ago, lovrccl said:

I wrote a review but just wanted to post here also. Just finished 12 night and had a great time. We couldn't get off in Dominica unless you had Celebrity tour. All other ports we were able to walk off and shop. St Kitts had the most shopping. We thought the service was amazing and we feel the food has been improved. The shows were hit and miss. Some we loved, others not so much. So now we detox and diet until March on Edge!

Can you verify that all of the ports underlined below which I believe were included in your itinerary that you were allowed to visit without being on a Celebrity Shore Excursion. The list below is off of the Celebrity Site and it states that you're required to take one of their Shore Excursions. Just trying to figure out which ports in the Cribbean are requiring ship-based shore excursion to disembark.

Thanks

Excursions provided by Celebrity Cruises are required in: 

• Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis
  • Bridgetown, Barbados
  • Castries, St. Lucia
  • Colon, Panama
  • Falmouth, Jamaica
  • Kingstown, St. Vincent
  • Roseau, Dominica                         Not Allowed per your review above.
  • St. George's, Grenada

38 minutes ago, HBDave said:

Can you verify that all of the ports underlined below which I believe were included in your itinerary that you were allowed to visit without being on a Celebrity Shore Excursion. The list below is off of the Celebrity Site and it states that you're required to take one of their Shore Excursions. Just trying to figure out which ports in the Cribbean are requiring ship-based shore excursion to disembark.

Thanks

Excursions provided by Celebrity Cruises are required in: 

• Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis
  • Bridgetown, Barbados
  • Castries, St. Lucia
  • Colon, Panama
  • Falmouth, Jamaica
  • Kingstown, St. Vincent
  • Roseau, Dominica                         Not Allowed per your review above.
  • St. George's, Grenada

16391872547913818026830112445923.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CruiseImage said:

Seems EQUINOX has a great crew right now, albeit sad to see Capt Tasos going (to Edge) I'm sure Capt Matt will do an equally amazing job.

We met Captain Matt on the Summit this summer and he was awesome.  He'd left by the time we were back in November.

6 hours ago, HBDave said:

Thank you very much. It appears once again the Celebrity Web Site does not have the correct information. 

That letter is dated Nov 28 before they changed the rules / website.  I’m hoping someone that just boarded the Dec 10 sailing will post their updated notice, we’re getting on the Dec22 sailing.

18 hours ago, lovrccl said:

hi lovrccl,

thank you for the info!  I just wanted to clarify - when you say walk off and shop, do you mean just in the enclosed port area, or and right out and into town where you could wander around, grab a cab, etc?

thanks!

1 hour ago, Scuppersisontheboat said:

hi lovrccl,

thank you for the info!  I just wanted to clarify - when you say walk off and shop, do you mean just in the enclosed port area, or and right out and into town where you could wander around, grab a cab, etc?

thanks!

Just in the port shopping area. Some of the ports have other streets blocked off with police keeping people from walking past. Most of the stores have sanitizer by front door and ask you to use it. Always have to wear mask. Also per our crew this can change daily. So what is now may not be later!

On 12/10/2021 at 1:52 PM, lovrccl said:

Were there any other trips for Dominica? There are only two showing on my planner. I have one booked but it's really expensive for what it is? Not sure whether to just stay on the ship or is Dominica a good island to see?

4 hours ago, rachiem said:

Were there any other trips for Dominica? There are only two showing on my planner. I have one booked but it's really expensive for what it is? Not sure whether to just stay on the ship or is Dominica a good island to see?

My post should have said we couldn't get off in Grenada, we did walk off in Dominica. The port area has very little to see. The stores that were there we mainly tents.  We had been to Dominica years ago, its a very poor island, like a lot of the Caribbean is.  I would suggest you google the island and the tour you are doing then try to decide to go or not.   

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 8:52 AM, lovrccl said:

We are on the same itinerary on Jan. 9th.  Any chance you know what night the Chef's Table dinner was?  Hope you enjoyed it!  BN