What is it like for the fully vaccinated 5-11 yo kids?

8 minutes ago, Avery's mom said:

We will be sailing December 24th with our vaccinated 8 year old, so I can report after we get back. I imagine there are very few people who are in this situation, but I would love to hear from anyone who is. 

Thanks, I'll be sailing on the Anthem the same week with my vaccinated 7yo, I was hoping we could find out some info before we sailed.

2 hours ago, FAMILYCRUISER514 said:

Has anyone now sailed with a FULLY VACCINATED 5-11 yo. Can you tell us what the following was like: Embarkation, Kids Club, Dining, Pre-cruise Teasting, Shore Excursions etc... How did they distinguish the fully-vaxed kids from the unvaxed. Anything else you can share. TIA

All the situations you mentioned above, your vaccinated child would be treated as any other vaccinated person onboard; with the exception  of Adventure Ocean, which will still be treated as an unvaccinated area with many restrictions as compared to pre pandemic experience.

If a child got vaccinated the first day they were announced, they wouldn’t be considered fully vaccinated until just these past couple of days. This weekend would likely be the start of any cruises with fully vaxxed 5-11 year olds. I think the Christmas cruises will be key for info, but with so many families likely on board, I’m not sure it’ll give a clear picture what it will be like for our mid-January/non peak sailings

We leave next week and have two fully vaxed. We had to call and have them note it on our booking,as they do not have the ability on the precruise documents yet. Not onboard yet so not sure what the onboard process is like, but I was under the impression from what they said, the kids only need the testing to get onboard like adult vaccinated and then have the wristband like everyone else. 

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

All the situations you mentioned above, your vaccinated child would be treated as any other vaccinated person onboard; with the exception  of Adventure Ocean, which will still be treated as an unvaccinated area with many restrictions as compared to pre pandemic experience.

Adventure Ocean needs to amend their policy for those vaccinated kids !!! This whole AO thing is a mess that RCI needs to address !!

53 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Maybe so, but i don't think there is any way that they have enough room for vexed and unvaxed AO

Kids now wear masks inside class at school....and it works. No reason why they can't wear them inside the AO clubs and still be provided the usual activities rather than sitting on circles and distancing which it what they are doing now. This is ridiculous !! RCI needs to rethink what's going on.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Kids now wear masks inside class at school....and it works. No reason why they can't wear them inside the AO clubs and still be provided the usual activities rather than sitting on circles and distancing which it what they are doing now. This is ridiculous !! RCI needs to rethink what's going on.

And I went to the Big 12 Championship game last week with 100,000 close friends with zero social distancing and no masks.
Comparing what goes on in a terrestrial setting and a cruise setting just doesn’t matter; unfortunately.  

10 hours ago, FAMILYCRUISER514 said:

Has anyone now sailed with a FULLY VACCINATED 5-11 yo. Can you tell us what the following was like: Embarkation, Kids Club, Dining, Pre-cruise Teasting, Shore Excursions etc... How did they distinguish the fully-vaxed kids from the unvaxed. Anything else you can share. TIA

same as with a fully vaxxed 12-18 yo kids. They get the same ribbon as adults and are treated the same way as the vaxxed adults.

It's completely different for UNvaxxed kids.

4 hours ago, Smartipantz said:

I've read in an earlier post that kids are limited to 2 sessions of Adventure Ocean a week.  I certainly hope they are able to do more than 2 sessions.  Everyone (kids as well as us) will be disappointed.  Kids will be fully vaxxed too.

I believe I've heard 5 sessions....Not sure how long RCI is going to keep this mess at AO until they decide it's making for some very unhappy cruiser's.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 11:44 PM, Ashland said:

I believe I've heard 5 sessions....Not sure how long RCI is going to keep this mess at AO until they decide it's making for some very unhappy cruiser's.

My travel agent just returned not long ago from a cruise and said:

"For now they allow you to pre-book 8 hours for the week and then based on availability from there. Our kiddos were able to get in 8 or 9 times over Thanskgiving week. They are following the CDC recommendations and it does limit that a bit."

• Thanks 1