Luggage tags

NW Pacific

Never thought I would post this but, read months ago almost everyone was receiving tags in mail.  We  are fortunate to usually sail in the Haven, as we are scheduled for in January.  No luggage tags or letter from the pre concierge yet?  Asked online chat- told if we have not received them yet, we won't.  I know I can print out tags online  from edocs.  Much prefer the ones we are use to getting in the mail.  Called our PCC ) seeing if the person could push the mailing through, since it is 28 days away.  Of course, no call back.  Anyone with 30 to 40 days in a Haven category getting tags and letter??  Have back up travel sleeves to put the printed out tags in if necessary.  Just curious if this is another cut back in service? 

I’m in the same situation, sailing Haven in January and have not gotten any Haven pre-cruise communication and no idea how to request the physical luggage tags. 

Also on a Celebrity cruise at the end of December and I’ve requested the mailed physical luggage tags twice now and still haven’t received them. Oh well. 😔

I was told by the concierge that, due to the covid time compressing the information exchange, they were running late with all communication from the concierge, including luggage tag mail delivery.  I was told ~30 days out, that they were still working on December contacts. But I was assured that they would get to everyone before sailing, and I was told that I would receive the luggage tags in the mail. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

I know I can print out tags online  from edocs.  Much prefer the ones we are use to getting in the mail.  Called our PCC ) seeing if the person could push the mailing through, since it is 28 days away.  Of course, no call back.  Anyone with 30 to 40 days in a Haven category getting tags and letter??  Have back up travel sleeves to put the printed out tags in if necessary.  Just curious if this is another cut back in service? 

1 hour ago, Cruise Gopher said:

I’m in the same situation, sailing Haven in January and have not gotten any Haven pre-cruise communication and no idea how to request the physical luggage tags. 

A couple of weeks before cruise, print out  your luggage tags from your edocs. We often travel in suites and Haven rooms and have found that the little pre-printed tags don't have any impact on how quickly/slowly our luggage shows up. And for those recent cruises where everyone has a pre-printed tag, all bags look the same. We actually prefer the printed tags with big room numbers so that there is no confusion on where our bags are suppose to be. 

wrt the pre-concierge, they are totally useless. They have no ability to book anything that you can't do yourself (the onboard concierge has the ability to "oversell" restaurants and shows). Yeah,,, coffee selection of regular coffee, decaf coffee, or espresso. We prefer to build a rapport with our butler and steward who will help make our cruise memorable,,,, in-person. 

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

A couple of weeks before cruise, print out  your luggage tags from your edocs. We often travel in suites and Haven rooms and have found that the little pre-printed tags don't have any impact on how quickly/slowly our luggage shows up. And for those recent cruises where everyone has a pre-printed tag, all bags look the same. We actually prefer the printed tags with big room numbers so that there is no confusion on where our bags are suppose to be.

Some of us prefer the heavy vinyl peel and stick NCL tags over a printed piece of paper that is stapled.   Why do you suggest that the room numbers are too small on the NCL supplied tags?

39 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Some of us prefer the heavy vinyl peel and stick NCL tags over a printed piece of paper that is stapled.   Why do you suggest that the room numbers are too small on the NCL supplied tags?

I was responding to the OP and not you. The OP has luggage tag holders, as we do. So no staples. We place a tag on the top handle and side handle to maximize visibility. 

Long ago, prior to luggage tag holders, we used to put a strip of duct tape down the back to provide structure to the tags. 

Edited by BirdTravels

No matter how you slice it dice it mangle it rip it tear it whatever turns your passion on about

"THOSE LUGGAGE TAGS" !

Slip a copy of the tag or your travel documents inside each piece of luggage - - -

"Wait for It" !

In the unlikely event (where have you heard that before !)

If the luggage loses its mind or tags (ah er handle fastening point) you will still be able salvage

this by a visit to Lost and Found and get on your cruise way.

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I was responding to the OP and not you. The OP has luggage tag holders, as we do. So no staples. We place a tag on the top handle and side handle to maximize visibility. 

That sounds like a lot of goofing around that is totally unnecessary for anybody who just uses those excellent NCL mailed tags.

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

wrt the pre-concierge, they are totally useless. They have no ability to book anything that you can't do yourself (the onboard concierge has the ability to "oversell" restaurants and shows). Yeah,,, coffee selection of regular coffee, decaf coffee, or espresso. We prefer to build a rapport with our butler and steward who will help make our cruise memorable,,,, in-person. 

He/she continues to sing that same tune as if it were gospel despite hearing of experience to the contrary. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rnfulk said:

You had to go and ruin it for me...😀

You're cruising and you're in the best accommodations available.  Pretty hard to see any "ruin" in that world.  😎  Call me crazy, but I would/will have the time of my life in that scenario, regardless of the color of my key card or the form of my luggage tag.  🤣  Enjoy your cruise.  Most here do unless they let themselves get in the way. (some do)

Hey there everyone thanks for the replies, from the OP.  Maybe we will get ours  before sailing or not.  But at least I know now we are not the only ones.  Realize the pre concierge is basically useless, but the tags came with it,   a silly issue I guess, but bigger hills to climb through before we get on ship, like completing online booking, getting through testing, I remember the good old days, without this much stress, BUT going to try to prevail, everyone stay safe!

• Like 1