Thinking of canceling your Spring River Cruise?

nursinadream

On 12/12/2021 at 2:26 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

".

For 2022, we have a Tulip Time river cruise followed by a Seine river cruise, then an ocean cruise in the Baltic in August…  We expect to be on all four of them [the Baltic is the most likely to be cancelled, because of Saint Petersburg – but if it goes, we'll be on it]. 

Curious, what makes you think St. Petersburg may be canceled?   Are you also saying the cruise lines  will cancel a Baltic cruise  because of St. Petersburg is closed or that  you won’t sail because the  port is dropped but other ports/sea days are substituted. 

21 minutes ago, milolii said:

Curious, what makes you think St. Petersburg may be canceled?   Are you also saying the cruise lines  will cancel a Baltic cruise  because of St. Petersburg is closed or that  you won’t sail because the  port is dropped but other ports/sea days are substituted. 

Russia has very bad Covid and their home-grown vaccine doesn't seem very effective so I don't see that changing.  A Baltic cruise with 3 nights in St. Petersburg is vastly different if you take those 3 nights away.  And a British cruise line with 99% British passengers would probably be forced to cancel because of the stricter British Covid rules and/or because of the strict British consumer protection laws [if they make a major itinerary change, they must allow passengers to cancel].

Ok, thanks, very interesting.  I didn’t know the second part about British consumer protection laws related to a major itinerary change.  I do know some laws differ from the US laws, for example.  

As far as the overall CoVID situation in Russia, I have the same thoughts. If St.Petersburg is dropped then we will cancel or reschedule for 2023 and enjoy a different type of trip. 

Ok  back to Spring cruises…. Ty 

1 hour ago, milolii said:

Russia is not in a good situation COVID wise. Not that we are great here but Russia is not doing well.