Cabins for Passengers Who Travel Alone.

Silvery Seas Cruiser

Have heard the Edge-Class ships have cabins for passengers who are traveling alone, even cabins with balconies. My sister, a widow, has been paying the costly single supplement to travel in a balcony cabin, but is interested in the single cabins. Has anyone booked one of these? How was it for size comfort and ship location? Were the savings substantial and was it worth it? Really appreciate any information you can provide.

Yes, the Edge Class have Single Infinite Veranda SRs. They are on Deck 6. The Edge has 16, the Apex has 24 and the Beyond will have 32.

They are 184sqft w a 42sqft Veranda. It has a queen sized bed. No couch as in standard SRs. Looks very nice. Haven’t stayed in one yet.

Our daughter is booking one when she joins us on an Apex Iceland cruise. The price was about 2/3rd of what both of ud paid for standard IV SR on Deck 8. 

Should be enjoyable for singles. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Thank you so much for this information. My sister travels with us but doesn't want to bunk with us. She likes her own bathroom and so on. But it is costly, no doubt. These single cabins sound like a good option for her. I wonder how hard they are to book. I can imagine they are super popular. 

I would book ASAP as they are popular and I find lot of people are going solo these days.   I booked a cruise on the Edge for January back in October and the single cabins were all sold out.  You can check square footage online. 

I have looked into this extensively. While there are a few cabins available, you are limited to location. As well, when all is calculated there is very little difference in cost between sailing solo in a standard cabin and these small  "single" cabins. There has been a promotion for 35% off for solo travellers. I am not sure if it is still in effect.

2 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

I have looked into this extensively. While there are a few cabins available, you are limited to location. As well, when all is calculated there is very little difference in cost between sailing solo in a standard cabin and these small  "single" cabins. There has been a promotion for 35% off for solo travellers. I am not sure if it is still in effect.

It was in effect last week when my sister booked the Sihouette for March 2022. She saved nearly $1000 much to both our amazements. That is for a balcony room...not Concierge or Aqua.

7 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

It was in effect last week when my sister booked the Sihouette for March 2022. She saved nearly $1000 much to both our amazements. That is for a balcony room...not Concierge or Aqua.

If one is concerned about collecting CC points, the single cabin gets you 3 points/night and the standard cabin gets the solo sailor double points/night.

1 minute ago, RTShaker said:

If one is concerned about collecting CC points, the single cabin gets you 3 points/night and the standard cabin gets the solo sailor double points/night.

Thanks, I wondered about that too. My sister is Elite and late 70s in age. I'm not sure the extra points will matter so much. Don't believe she can ever get to Zenith. Even Elite plus may be a reach. But I will tell her about the difference just in case it does matter to her.

Agree anyone wanting a Single SR better book early, they are jumped on quickly.

But not sure why they are considered small, they are 184sqft and a standard IV SR is 243sqft. Main difference is the standard SR has a couch and a larger BR. The bed is queen sized, not twin. Makes sense to me.

And price? I usually don’t quote prices, but our 12N SR on Apex for an Iceland cruise is août $7500 for an E2 IV for the two of us while our daughter is paying $5400 for her single. I personally don’t consider ~$2000 as ‘little difference’, but I haven’t gone around checking more than what we were interested in. 

My daughter has shared a SR with us with no big deal, but not interested in a 12N with us……and I fully agree!

Den

Edited by Denny01

I looked into the solo cabins as I was booking 52 nights on the Edge.  Fortunately, I found an excellent video online and quickly cancelled that idea.  They are small.  They have no drawers.  None.  Tiny closets.  And, of course, no balcony, but most staterooms on the Edge don't have a balcony.  Just that large window which can or cannot be lowered depending on what sort of mood the captain is in or if they've decided to wash the windows or whatever.  It wasn't that much more expensive to book a regular cabin as a solo.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

Be careful.  Some of those single staterooms have obstructed views.

954F409B-514C-485B-A4E6-EF16A3132BD8.jpeg

23 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

Be careful.  Some of those single staterooms have obstructed views.

954F409B-514C-485B-A4E6-EF16A3132BD8.jpeg

Many thanks for this information. My guess is that the obstructions are life boats, perhaps?

4 hours ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Many thanks for this information. My guess is that the obstructions are life boats, perhaps?

Do not book a single inside cabin on Silhouette. They are in the worst location you will hear all the music from the atrium. Even in high decks as 7 steps from elevator banks. The shower stall is so tiny you have to squeeze up against the wall to open door. I met a lady onboard who complained and was moved to a balcony.  Very badly designed and Celebrity is trying to squeeze the last dollar out of their guests. 

17 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Do not book a single inside cabin on Silhouette. They are in the worst location you will hear all the music from the atrium. Even in high decks as 7 steps from elevator banks. The shower stall is so tiny you have to squeeze up against the wall to open door. I met a lady onboard who complained and was moved to a balcony.  Very badly designed and Celebrity is trying to squeeze the last dollar out of their guests. 

Good to know that. We are going on Silhouette next year. Lucky none of us booked a single inside cabin. The bathroom sounds like it would trigger claustrophobia.