How long after a cruise is "Covid cancelled" have you been able to get a FCC?

clueless2

We have 2 long cruises (for us) booked in 2022.  The first's final payment is due in January and sails in May.  The second's final payment is due in May right before the first one sails.

We're trying to decide whether to go ahead and pay for the first cruise.    If we do and it's "Covid cancelled" we'd like to use the FCC to help pay for the second cruise.

The first is a 35 day Transatlantic/Norway cruise that leaves in May.  The other is a 61 day B2B2B2B Transpacific/Australia/New Zealand cruise that leaves in September.  The plan was to only do one in the hopes that one actually sails.

So the question is, in the past, how long has it taken a FCC to be credited to your Princess account.

I realize that anything done in the past could change in the future but I'm just trying to get an idea of how fast things worked in the past.

Thanks in advance.

With Princess, if you decide not to do your first, call as soon as you decide, and ask them to transfer the funds to the second. If they know early on,, they can do it. We did this about three weeks after a Covid-cancellation successfully, and before they had put the FCC's into our account. I called in and explained that we had a second cruise on the books, and they moved the FCC over to the second cruise within one or two days.

• Like 2