Boarding Time for Vista 12-31-21

JROBTX

Hi all!  I have a quick question.  I’m traveling with my parents this time.  My dad’s first cruise.  We start checking in on Friday and I want to select a boarding time after most of the crowd is already on board.  We have an early sail away time of 3:30 pm.  Is 12:30-1:00 still really busy in terminal?  Would 1:00-1:30 be better?  I’m not expecting to just get there and waltz on board, I just don’t want them to feel overwhelmed.  

3 minutes ago, coldinkansas said:

We like to 1:00 - 1:30 since rooms are normally ready by 1:30. Nice to drop off any carry on items.

Have a Great Trip

We also like this check in time.  We did notice the check in process was really smooth last month.  Some people came in an hour or more before their scheduled check in time and were told they had to wait.   We had no issues.  Our time was 11:30 - 12:00.   The entire process took less than 20 minutes.

Wife and I also prefer the later check-in times.  Seems any point after noon o'clock is fairly uncrowded, but almost guaranteed no waiting (okay, maybe only a minute or two of waiting) from 1:00 on.  That was pre- and post-pandemic.

If you arrive after 2:30, you won't have to worry about anyone else being in line in front of you.  You also won't have to bother with showing ID or boarding pass or your vaccine card or your negative COVID test results.  Your only concern will be getting an early meal and finding a hotel.

• Haha 1

You would be very safe selecting either the last or next to last arrival appointment.  I would not get hung up on the times mentioned above.  4:00 sail-aways have a last on board time of 2:30, so you should just take a look at what times are available and make your selection from them.