MDR Max Table Size

snoope

We just sailed on Harmony with a party of 9 at a table of 10 in the “everyone” level of the MDR. We are booked for Symphony in January with the same party. They are telling us that max table capacity is 8 and we have to split into two tables. We don’t want to do this. Not very intriguing at all. We are speaking directly with the floor manager of the MDR. 

Anyone have luck getting this overruled? Doesn’t make sense to me. 

Edited by snoope
Typo

Currently on Symphony... I've noticed 8 has been the maximum in the Main DR and in all the speciality restaurants we've dined in. Last night in 150 Central Park, a party of 30 had late evening reservations. They had 3 tables of 8 and 1 table of 6 all nearby and it seemed to work quite well with 3 waiters working in concert.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, aloni said:

My father said that on the Anthem last weeks there tables even for 20 people.

One table for 20?

If it's not a round table (which obviously wouldn't be the case for 20 people), I don't see the point.  It's not like the people at one end are going to ever talk to the people at the other end!

We were seated once at a ten top. Believe me, you do not want to do this. Other than the few people in your immediate area, it is impossible to communicate with others at the table. Much better to have two smaller tables next to one another. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, long4acruise said:

Currently on Symphony... I've noticed 8 has been the maximum in the Main DR and in all the speciality restaurants we've dined in. Last night in 150 Central Park, a party of 30 had late evening reservations. They had 3 tables of 8 and 1 table of 6 all nearby and it seemed to work quite well with 3 waiters working in concert.

Yeah at the Moment they might be limiting Table size, distance between tables due to Covid

Why isn’t this consistent ship to ship? Seems silly that a MDR manager on a ship can make such a decision. I also don’t understand how having 9 at a table vs 8 at a table poses any more of a risk for COVID. We are all traveling to father as a family unit. 

19 hours ago, gerif said:

We were seated once at a ten top. Believe me, you do not want to do this. Other than the few people in your immediate area, it is impossible to communicate with others at the table. Much better to have two smaller tables next to one another. 

We've got 2 families of 4 each (2 adults + 2 kids) + 1 set of grandparents = 10 people. Would 100% rather have a 10-top than be forced to split into 2 different tables (1 family would have to be by themselves). Every situation is different!