Did I make a mistake in my cabin choice?

hllwdcruiser

We were super excited to receive the First Responder offer and in my haste I was equally excited to grab D702 on the Enchanted. Looking at the deck plans I believed we

were lucky to get the extended balcony with that forward facing "cut out". 

I completely forgot to check for adjoining cabin doors or pullman beds until today. It looks like this cabin has pullman beds - we've never had a cabin with them - will this be an issue? I also read that in some cabins with pullmans the twin beds can't be put together as a queen. 

Can someone with experience with this type of cabin please advise?

I would call Princess but the last time I called I was hours on hold and when I finally got through I was disconnected.

Normally we book through our wonderful TA but she was having issues booking the First Responder offer and she couldn't even get through to Princess to take it over. So I ended up just paying online when final payment was due.

I wish Princess would put a legend or key on their deck plans!

I think you'll be fine with that. We had L114 on the Majestic, and it's also a standard balcony marked with third and fourth pullman beds. They were tucked up in the ceiling and not in the way at all. It ought to be the same on the Enchanted.

• Thanks 1

No. D702 is a standard balcony cabin with extended partially covered balcony. It can accommodate up to 4 guests. The 3rd & 4th berths pull down from the ceiling. When not in use they are stored in the ceiling out of reach & sight. Ceiling will remain flat. Lower bed can be in the queen or twin configuration your choice. The cabin has only one extra chair, a desk chair. 

• Thanks 2

Go to Princess.com site. Select on board our ships, then deck plans. You can determine 3rd & 4th berth cabins by selecting that option. You can determine connecting cabins by checking that option. If you click on a cabin any special notes will appear in red. Play around with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

We were super excited to receive the First Responder offer and in my haste I was equally excited to grab D702 on the Enchanted. Looking at the deck plans I believed we

I completely forgot to check for adjoining cabin doors or pullman beds until today. It looks like this cabin has pullman beds - we've never had a cabin with them - will this be an issue? I also read that in some cabins with pullmans the twin beds can't be put together as a queen. 

I would call Princess but the last time I called I was hours on hold and when I finally got through I was disconnected.

Normally we book through our wonderful TA but she was having issues booking the First Responder offer and she couldn't even get through to Princess to take it over. So I ended up just paying online when final payment was due.

The Twin Bed set up is only if the berths a down and in use.  The middle is open to get up into the Pullmans.  If the Pullmans are up, no problem with the Queen bed setup.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much @seahag @skynightand @2 cruises a year - you have made me feel 100% better about my decision. You all are the best! 

You're very welcome! I ran through pretty much what you were wondering before our Majestic cruise. Folks here said it wouldn't be a problem, so I took that pic in case somebody else was wondering the same thing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

@hllwdcruiserAnd by the way, as a First Responder, thank you for everything all of you First Responders have done.

My hat is off to all you.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

@hllwdcruiserAnd by the way, as a First Responder, thank you for everything all of you First Responders have done.

My hat is off to all you.

Thank you! It is actually my DH - and I wholeheartedly agree with you! I'm going to show him your post - it will put a smile on his face. His line of work is definitely unappreciated as of late... 👮‍♂️😊🚔

Edited by hllwdcruiser
  • Like 4