NCL air flying in same day timing and what to expect? (Miami)

p5woody

First time using NCL air, first time flying in the same day, and first time using NCL transfer.  I know we should fly in the day before but just wasn't possible this time.  Flying into Miami January 16th (encore), we are scheduled to land at 1pm.  What time can we expect to be at port?  I am assuming I have to pick a time when checking in. 

Not sure what to expect after landing.  My understanding is when we land we will see an NCL rep at baggage that will direct us to the NCL transfer. After that will NCL take care of our luggage - so the next time we see our luggage it will be outside our room?

Thanks!

You could be at the port by 2-3pm or somewhat thereafter if NCL is providing the transfer.  Your luggage will go with you on the bus.  You hand it over to the porters at the cruise terminal.  The porters are not NCL employees so they expect a (big) tip and will tell you right to your face if they think you haven't tipped enough.  Other than that, since you are paying NCL to provide for you, you shouldn't have any problems as long as your flight from PA leaves on time and isn't delayed due to weather or any other problems.

• Like 1

A 1PM arrival at the airport for a same day cruise is scary. One slight mishap and you miss the cruise. Assuming things go alright, then about 2:00PM is possible. But a 1.5 hour delay anywhere and the cruise is probably going without you. Hopefully it is non-stop flights.

• Like 1

If NCL helped you book the flight, cruise and transfer, you should

be ok. We have done that, the only thing is everything is very rushed

when you do it all the same day.

And like the other person posting said, you have no room for error.

We are practically neighbors in Pennsylvania, we live one hour and half 

from you, the other thing is, the PA weather.  Hope you can get out

with no issues.

• Like 1

If using NCL air & transfer, your check in time often reverts to "open" on your edocs, regardless of what time you choose. Just pick a time that you think would work - they aren't going to deny you boarding if you pick the wrong time.

• Like 1