Emails from Celebrity about Updating Covid Vaccination Status

CruisinNewb

We are scheduled for a cruise on the Equinox at the end of January.

We have been receiving emails from Celebrity asking us to complete our vaccination status. 

I have entered the required information I think it is 4 times now. Whenever I do it, it already shows it is completed.

Today I received a call but couldn't answer in time. It was asking us to respond to the email asking us to complete our vaccination status.

In addition we are checked in, and I have uploaded our vaccination cards.

Is this another one of their websites glitches? Any one else experience this?

We are going on the January 22nd Apex sailing.  We had the same exact experience.  I did not pick up the first three calls as they indicated "possible spam".  Celebrity finally left a message, so I knew to pick up the 4th time.  I hope that does it.  

On 12/17/2021 at 3:05 PM, CruisinNewb said:

We have been receiving emails from Celebrity asking us to complete our vaccination status. 

I have entered the required information I think it is 4 times now. Whenever I do it, it already shows it is completed.

Today I received a call but couldn't answer in time. It was asking us to respond to the email asking us to complete our vaccination status.

Same thing happened to me.  I kept calling and they kept saying, all is ok. It finally stopped after four phone calls.

Not a perfect system for sure.    On Oasis in October we all uploaded our cards, were asked to show them TWICE in the terminal before boarding, and one guy we met at unofficial CC M&M told us his experience.  Uploaded, showed in terminal, and then got paged to go to GS and show card twice once onboard.  He then got paged again!    The third time he ignored them and Security came looking for him to show it yet again.   So there are clearly glitches!   (no reason to think anything was wrong with his card)

I got the email a couple days ago and uploaded it.  I haven't checked if it worked.  It will be required at embarkation anyway so I'm not worried about it.   

Any idea what triggered these emails?  I haven't received one. 
When checking in, I took pics of the front and back of my vax card in the app.  It showed "validating vaccination status" or something of the sort.  Then a couple of days later there was green checkmark next to Vaccination.  

We had also done exactly as requested when checking in.  In spite of this, the deluge of e-mails and the phone calls came about 35 days prior to our sailing after we had been able to see the vaccination status approved for check-in.  One certainly can't claim they weren't aware of the vaccination requirement.  BTW...I heard the delay in approving the vaccinations for check in is they are authentacating every card to make sure it is legit.  

24 minutes ago, Nashna said:

We had also done exactly as requested when checking in.  In spite of this, the deluge of e-mails and the phone calls came about 35 days prior to our sailing after we had been able to see the vaccination status approved for check-in.  One certainly can't claim they weren't aware of the vaccination requirement.  BTW...I heard the delay in approving the vaccinations for check in is they are authenticating every card to make sure it is legit.  

I wonder how they authenticate a card from an uploaded photo.  

We're more than 35 days out from our end of Jan sailing, so maybe the deluge is coming 🙂

I have no idea exactly how they determine valid vaccinations.  Unless they are going right to the states/federal government as all jabs are recorded in a central database.  I know I had my booster at CVS and within days it was added to my state record.  I'll bet eventually they will go with the Q code that is on the personal record.  I recall back in the early fall that several colleages caught students who submitted the fake vaccination cards.  They were expelled.    

We’re currently on Millennium, doing B2B. We keep getting email from Celebrity about checking in for the next cruise - which we did last month. I wasn’t sure if they knew we were on board so I spoke with the Retreat Concierge. Sure enough, they have all our info.  Odd that they can’t filter out the folks who have already responded. 

My DH refused to answer the email because he doubted it was secure and it asked for DOB.  Private information shared with a third party contractor always sets him off.  I guess we will find out what the alternative answer is because we do not answer phones calls from unknown parties either.

On 12/17/2021 at 3:05 PM, CruisinNewb said:

Same for us. Must be a glitch. 

You will be getting 2,3,4 of these emails before you cruise. It doesn’t really matter if you’ve completed them or even if you have checked in for your cruise and uploaded your Vaccination Card. The emails keep on coming. I think there’s some saying about a “Left Hand and a Right Hand”. 

The most annoying thing about this is that as a cruiser you worry that Celebrity hasn’t received the information. What happens if I don’t complete this form each time I get it. Can they cancel my cruise?  It’s a quick deal to fill it out each time and we usually do it to “CYA” , but it also can make you dubious about their competence especially if you are new to Celebrity. 

Edited by RICCruisers
Spelling