A tale of woe and misery (mostly our fault but no less depressing)

tafawke

I very rarely use my middle name now.  Several years ago I booked flights through another cruise line which had my middle name and when I looked at the verification it had my first and middle name as one name, without any spaces.  My passport only lists my first name so I had to call that cruise line to have my middle name taken off my account permanently.  If need be, I only use my middle initial.

Hope the OP made her cruise.

Hi everyone and thank you all for your thoughts and good wishes...

So... here we go with the next installment....

Air Canada rebooked us on Delta out of Chicago to Detroit at 5.25am (I can't even remember if I told you about the 4 hours we sat at the gate in Montreal waiting for the ground chew to turn up, meaning we missed out connection to New Orleans)... anyway, we head to catch the hotel shuttle to get a couple of hours sleep only to find out there is no shuttle, AC told us there would be one but the hotel said nope... the hotel was also 30 mins away, by 1am we gave up and just booked the hotel across the road (boom CA $500 hit)... time for a shower and my husband slept 2 hours ... then back to the airport for a trip to Detroit and then New Orleans... this trip wasn't too bad, for everyone else it was probably just your regular flight but I was shattered so it was totally uncomfortable but we got to New Orleans by noon... yay... so rather than take the tax as planned we hitched a ride with the Norwegian transfer which turned out to be a great idea... the bus dropped our luggage with the porters and then us at the Marriott for testing, the line was around the corner and I couldn't help but rue our original plans of a 9am test... an hour or so later we were done and a shuttle took this aching, tired passenger straight to check in... no queue there as it was after 2pm by now but I think I'm the only Aussie on board so my check in person had to go to the supervisor to process my ESTA... but it was all good and by 3.15 we were FINALLY in our Haven Fwd Facing Penthouse... and grabbing our super late lunch at the American Diner and those lobster and shrimp slides tasted so good... Unfortunately I was done and asleep by 8pm, my husband was asleep on the couch and neither of us heard our Butler arrive at 11pm ... we woke to a mountain of food and a very amused Butler... our cruise really started yesterday with our Haven breakfast... it's fabulous to be here... right now we are docking in Cozumel and we're going swimming with the dolphin and what happened is now just a good story (after I write my strong worked letter to AC claiming hotel and additional bag charges)... 

• Like 14

Have an enjoyable cruise. I am glad to hear you made it, aching and exhausted, but better than missing the ship.

Our planned cruise in Feb. we are leaving from Montreal, rather than risk short connection times from the Ottawa flight. I am so sick of all the changes in the flight schedules. The one thing I have found throughout the pandemic, is that I am glad we only book business class on AC. They definitely have worked hard to accomodate all the flight changes, hotel stays etc. We have travelled a fair bit in the past two years. 

We are back to panic stations in Ottawa again, even jerk Watson has covid. So enjoy the sunshine and being pampered!!

• Like 2

Congrats on making it onboard... so glad you were able to make it all happen... and for taking the time to let us know you made it.  I would have had PTSD for days after but the Haven will help alleviate that!

Edited by lgdesign