New vaccine card after upload

SMMRLUVN

12 minutes ago, SMMRLUVN said:

Hi, my husband got a new vaccine card after he got a booster, so it’s different than the one we uploaded. I can’t seem to upload the new card. Is this a problem? 

I uploaded ONLY the initial vaccination ( 2 shot Pfizer ) card for both our November cruise AND our January 20th cruise.

Did NOT submit the card with the booster on it.

Took a week but both were validated.

I guess it's TMI for them ..

Edited by boscobeans

10 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

I uploaded ONLY the initial vaccination ( 2 shot Pfizer ) card for both our November cruise AND our January 20th cruise.

Did NOT submit the card with the booster on it.

Took a week but both were validated.

I guess it's TMI for them ..

How could you tell your card was validated?

18 minutes ago, SMMRLUVN said:

My question is, if the card he brings to the terminal is not the same as what was uploaded, will we be denied boarding?

If you present a valid card at check in I think you will be fine. My card no longer matches what I uploaded as my booster was added to the card after I submitted the info to RCI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SMMRLUVN said:

My question is, if the card he brings to the terminal is not the same as what was uploaded, will we be denied boarding?

I would just take both cards..and also get the NYS Excelsior pass plus, which will show proof of all vaccine doses

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ngrund said:

I would just take both cards..and also get the NYS Excelsior pass plus, which will show proof of all vaccine doses

I emailed RC and asked if they recognize the Excelsior pass or the Excelsior PLUS.

No answer. 

Edited by boscobeans

They probably were like HUH? EXCELSIOR PASS??

My son and I both have NEXUS cards that allow us to travel the US - Canadian border quickly, it’s a Trusted Traveler program and supposed to be more heavily vetted than a passport. But you wouldn’t believe how many times other places don’t accept it. 

24 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

I emailed RC and asked if they recognize the Excelsior pass or the Excelsior PLUS.

No answer. 

I just mentioned it for an additional way to prove vaccination status in case of anything-I have seen companies just state that they accept "state or other government issued web or phone app proof"

8 minutes ago, SMMRLUVN said:

They probably were like HUH? EXCELSIOR PASS??

My son and I both have NEXUS cards that allow us to travel the US - Canadian border quickly, it’s a Trusted Traveler program and supposed to be more heavily vetted than a passport. But you wouldn’t believe how many times other places don’t accept it. 

that's probably because Nexus is specifically for Canada-US border crossings

This must be driving transportation vendors NUTS.  They put my booster sticker right on my card that shows my first two shots, and then some get a new card, and then some get a different type of card.  

Just keep what you have with you, and show it when asked.  You did your due diligence, and they doublecheck for the document no matter what's uploaded.

I'm to the point that I WEAR my vaccination card on a lanyard with my car keys.  I have to use a fob to get into my apartment building, so having a lanyard helps make it easier.  I just added the vax card, so if someone wants to see it, I don't go digging through pockets, etc.

It's my new normal, and I just adapt as I go.

Edited by pcur
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

No answer. 

There is probably no one there on a weekend who has a clue what you are talking about... including me.😊

44 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is probably no one there on a weekend who has a clue what you are talking about... including me.😊

The Excelsior pass is a New York State phone app/document  to verify vaccine status

2 hours ago, ngrund said:

The Excelsior pass is a New York State phone app/document  to verify vaccine status

The document or rather the QR code on the document must be scanned with a special reader that can interpret the code.  

The printed document or PASSPORT itself is useless as proof of vaccination without the ability to scan and interpret the code. 

Edited by boscobeans

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

The document or rather the QR code on the document must be scanned with a special reader that can interpret the code.  

The printed document or PASSPORT itself is useless as proof of vaccination without the ability to scan and interpret the code. 

Correct, but most places just view the "pass" on the phone and don't scan the qr code