Customer service getting worse?

phoenix_dream

On 12/18/2021 at 12:18 PM, drakes2 said:

Experienced the same with my CVP. I have 2 cruises booked with him one which I've taken and another in January. No word from him in months.  Quick to call you back when  you want to book but after that you are in your own.

If it were me, I would call asking about a new cruise and while we were on the phone I would ask if they could address whatever issues I may have with other cruises.  I wouldn't feel bad about this approach because this is what they are paid to do.

Re: Customer Service ( In General )

Remember the days when you called a Company and someone answered the phone with " Hello, this is XXX , how can I help you " ??  None of this, "  for English press 1, for French press 2 , then , then, then, 4 minutes and 60 seconds later , " wait to be transferred " , then the friggin phone clicks off or "sorry , we can't take your call , please leave a message and someone will get back to you, blah, blah, blah ".  

( Most times I press " French " because they all speak English and you get through faster ).

As for cruising--- We always book a future cruise while on board , then transfer the booking to Big Box Travel ( where they sell hot dogs /diet coke for $1.50 ) and we receive a Gift Card for about 7-8% of what we paid . Luckily, we always had very good service.

As an aside--- " years " back we were assigned to a Travel Consultant ( ?? ) at Celebrity -- sounded great , until I called him back with a question. Didn't hear back for several days ---

(  Pinboy don't have no patience to wait several days for call backs ).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Re: Customer Service ( In General )

Remember the days when you called a Company and someone answered the phone with " Hello, this is XXX , how can I help you " ??  None of this, "  for English press 1, for French press 2 , then , then, then, 4 minutes and 60 seconds later , " wait to be transferred " , then the friggin phone clicks off or "sorry , we can't take your call , please leave a message and someone will get back to you, blah, blah, blah ".  

( Most times I press " French " because they all speak English and you get through faster ).

As for cruising--- We always book a future cruise while on board , then transfer the booking to Big Box Travel ( where they sell hot dogs /diet coke for $1.50 ) and we receive a Gift Card for about 7-8% of what we paid . Luckily, we always had very good service.

As an aside--- " years " back we were assigned to a Travel Consultant ( ?? ) at Celebrity -- sounded great , until I called him back with a question. Didn't hear back for several days ---

(  Pinboy don't have no patience to wait several days for call backs ).

Once I get past English, all I say is Representative.