Panorama New Year’s Eve

Boats2nd

We are sailing on the Panorama on 31 of Dec. which is an 8 day cruise with 2days in Cabo. Last week were I ever an email stating that they were reversing the order of ports now going to Puerto Varillta, Mazatlan and then the 2 days in Cabo. Since then I have heard the if anyone on the ship tests positive no passenger will be allowed off the ship in Cabo. If this is true what are they doing for those 2 days? This double Cabo was my reason for booking this cruise.

anybody have anything on this?

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I don’t have an answer to the COVID testing, but I understand the itinerary reversal is due to propulsion issues and the ship isn’t going as fast as it’s supposed to, which means it’s taking longer to get to ports. 

I have learned in all my years of cruising to never pick a cruise based on specifically on ports.

As it states in the contract, that can change at any moment.

Our NYE cruise was scheduled for Aruba, Curacao, La Romana and Amber Cove.  They eliminated La Romana and Amber Cove and added Bimini.  Thus 4 sea days instead of 3.  

I'm just happy to get on a ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

Don’t be set on ports. We are on Panorma right now and have missed 2 out of 3 stops and I’m sure Cabo is going to deny us as well. Only cruise if you are good enjoying the ship only as nothing is guaranteed and they sent out letters stating there would be no compensation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, smellywax said:

Don’t be set on ports. We are on Panorma right now and have missed 2 out of 3 stops and I’m sure Cabo is going to deny us as well. Only cruise if you are good enjoying the ship only as nothing is guaranteed and they sent out letters stating there would be no compensation. 

Hopefully they disembark those infected crew in Long Beach though as you mentioned so the 12/31/21 voyage can make ports but still not expecting any so I’m not disappointed.

22 minutes ago, bdever said:

Hopefully they disembark those infected crew in Long Beach though as you mentioned so the 12/31/21 voyage can make ports but still not expecting any so I’m not disappointed.

Yes, hopefully that makes a difference and it doesn’t continue to spread among crew. Each week starts fresh so I pray for the best outcome for you

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jedishan said:

Unfortunately I don’t have an answer to the COVID testing, but I understand the itinerary reversal is due to propulsion issues and the ship isn’t going as fast as it’s supposed to, which means it’s taking longer to get to ports. 

That is not the case the Panorama has been operating a full speed for months, I was on the Oct30 and Dec 4 sailing. That is a lame excuse that Carnival is using.

43 minutes ago, modes said:

That is not the case the Panorama has been operating a full speed for months, I was on the Oct30 and Dec 4 sailing. That is a lame excuse that Carnival is using.

Sounds more like shuffling ports to satisfy testing requirements in one day and then being able to piggy-back off those vs testing everyone before disembarking at each port. It's a logistical nightmare and increases costs/labor. They are gonna have to call in some favors or grease some palms to fight these burdensome requirements.

I also have an 8 day booked on Panorama for March 2024 and I booked it for La Paz. I'll be highly disappointed if it's scrubbed for something else.