Who to Contact to Cancel Cruise Because of New Protocols?

egurbi

We've decided that for us the new mask protocol won't work for our December 20th cruise.  The email with the new protocol mentioned that they will accommodate a switch in cruises.  My question is can Royal process this directly or must you go through your booking agent? I've been on hold for literally 4 hours with the MLife booking agent, and still on hold.  If RC can process the FCC or change in cruise directly, what's the best number to reach them at? If I don't reach anyone before my cruise sails on Monday, am I SOL on my payments?

Thanks in advance..

At the bottom of the email:

If you have questions about these protocols, please reference our FAQs for details or contact us at 1 (866) 562-7625 or 541-285-9150 for assistance. If you prefer to not sail as a result of this change or would like to reschedule your cruise, we are glad to assist. Looking forward to seeing you onboard!

14 minutes ago, egurbi said:

We've decided that for us the new mask protocol won't work for our December 20th cruise.  The email with the new protocol mentioned that they will accommodate a switch in cruises.  My question is can Royal process this directly or must you go through your booking agent? I've been on hold for literally 4 hours with the MLife booking agent, and still on hold.  If RC can process the FCC or change in cruise directly, what's the best number to reach them at? If I don't reach anyone before my cruise sails on Monday, am I SOL on my payments?

Thanks in advance..

You will need to go thru your TA for any changes or cancellations concerning your cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, egurbi said:

Ok, not sure whether the normal RCL number is listed for rebookings or just more information about the protocols. Appreciate any other responses. Thank you.

It also states if you prefer not to sail…

Not sage advice but try calling one of the numbers they provided 

I know my national TA offers the ability to give a call back instead of waiting on hold, but sometimes they don't call back the same day, which is irritating. I'd think with all the changes, it could be better for people to use a local TA with a physical office who will answer phones, and who you can visit if you don't get satisfactory service. Someone local is also more likely to be more responsive when negotiating for a refund, upgrade, giving you OBC, or other issues, just as a local bank is going to be easier to resolve a problem with than calling someone in India at a national bank. The problem with calling yourself, is that you'll wait just as long on hold just to get told to call your TA. I did it once for a cruise booked directly through Royal, and I spent an hour on hold to talk to someone in the Philippines, who had to talk to someone in the US to approve a refund because of protocols. Just be aware that any TA now is getting deluged with calls handling all the changes from NCL, Royal, and Carnival, as well as general fears of Omicron, and they also have to spend half their day on hold with the cruise lines, which is another reason to use someone local with a physical office. 

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

My point is the phone number to call not who owns the reservation.

Cust service is best number 

Do you understand that they have a TA ? Customer service will tell them to contact there TA .🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just tell them your travel agent is not responding to your  emails or phone calls and time  is of the essence and this needs to be taken care of asap because you cruise is Monday.. Royal will help you out in this case.

What Royal will do is make a note on your reservation of the issue, Royal will even try calling your agent to have it taken care of, the main thing is though to have it noted on your reservation that you are cancelling so eventually you will get it resolved either full refund or going to   transfer  the $$ to  future cruise.

Edited by Jimbo

On 12/18/2021 at 2:41 PM, Hogbay said:

You must go through your TA they own the booking it's a contract between them an Royal. 

We are in a similar 'boat' in that our booking is through a TA (Delta SkyMiles...)  Is it possible to request that booking be transferred over to RCI?  It is SOOOO much easier calling and dealing with RCI that any of the TA's we have used.   

If it is possible, what is the process and is there a cost?

2 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

We are in a similar 'boat' in that our booking is through a TA (Delta SkyMiles...)  Is it possible to request that booking be transferred over to RCI?  It is SOOOO much easier calling and dealing with RCI that any of the TA's we have used.   

I think you have to do the transfer within 60 days of when you booked it, otherwise you are SOL. There is no charge, it's just that your current TA has to agree to let you make the transfer, some charge a cancellation fee for losing the booking.

3 hours ago, bgoff60 said:

Contact your TA and request there booking be released for xyz reasons, they have every right to charge a fee . These are difficult times for TA too all the cancellation etc ,no money coming in .