Ez air cancelation

LucknowLaura

We had originally booked a flight direct from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale, but it’s now been changed a few times, it’s no longer direct and leaves 8 hours earlier. Our cruise leaves January 6th, if we cancel now do we just lose the money for the flight. We are thinking of just driving to Florida now. 

21 minutes ago, LucknowLaura said:

We had originally booked a flight direct from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale, but it’s now been changed a few times, it’s no longer direct and leaves 8 hours earlier. Our cruise leaves January 6th, if we cancel now do we just lose the money for the flight. We are thinking of just driving to Florida now. 

It's a long drive back and forth if say only going for 7-nighter, but I would be tempted to drive just to avoid all the extra hassles of flying compared to driving.  And think of things you might do or see along the way down and the way back and make something out of it.  I am guessing you are on at least 10 nights since your voyage doesn't begin on a weekend.

In the meantime, I'd look for other options by calling EZ-Air (it seems you must inside the window of ticketing and hard to know why you got shafted with a crummy itinerary).  Has AC cut flights now with the latest travel advisory?

Air Canada still selling three flights to FLL on Wed Jan 5, assuming you are wisely flying down the day before the cruise?

I'd be looking for an explanation and to get a better flight.  By now you must be ticketed and subject to airline regs.  Given the recent Canadian Government travel advisory due to Omicron, I would think you may be good for a non-expiring voucher for the value of your flight.  But you may not even be on a Canadian airline anymore since you have a connection.  Details were not provided.

Like I said, call in and ask for EZ-Air dept.  Unfortunately, you will have to wait for the first call to be answered, but then EZ-Air may not be a wait at all.  I had occasion to call them a week or so ago and they picked up right away after the transfer from Princess agent.

• Like 1

We are on a 8 day ABC cruise on Regal. Our flight is booked through Delta, but it was on a West Jet plane. West Jet has cut down on the number of flights they have as planes haven’t been filling up. Once Westjet cancelled then Delta started to move us around. I will try calling tomorrow, I was on a chat today but got cut off. 

4 minutes ago, LucknowLaura said:

We are on a 8 day ABC cruise on Regal. Our flight is booked through Delta, but it was on a West Jet plane. West Jet has cut down on the number of flights they have as planes haven’t been filling up. Once Westjet cancelled then Delta started to move us around. I will try calling tomorrow, I was on a chat today but got cut off. 

Ok, I understand.  I can offer a suggestion for future.  When I am shopping in EZ-Air, I always book with the operating airline whenever possible and not code-shares.  There are a number of things that can happen in the flying process and it helps to be dealing with the airline you are flying with.  I don't even worry if it costs a couple bucks more in EZ-Air to do this.  Often the cheapest ticket is with the actual airline.  Now, sometimes, it is necessary to involve two airlines due to connections. 

Example:  AC to Europe and then a connection with a European partner.  You might be able to fly the same route using the European partner as ticketing and then they own the connection which is the key thing IMO.  

We have flown to FL at times with DL via ATL or AA/US via CLT.  One thing is certain, I would for sure be after EZ-Air if the connection was in CLE for DL, for example.  NO WAY in Winter am I going to take a flight south with a connection in the North.  Just asking for weather issues. 

Hope you can get something better.  As I mentioned, AC is still selling three N-S flights on Jan 5.  Who knows if they will operate all three?  AC is famous for late cancellations and combining.  If you can get on the early flight, you have best chance to get going as worst thing is they might combine it with the second flight.  I'd be trying to avoid last flight of the day.  

Good luck. 

7 hours ago, LucknowLaura said:

The airline changed the flights. Since you are now ticketed, call the airline and tell them the flights they switched you to are not acceptable. I do not know about how it works in Canada, but in the USA with a change of time as large as you had, the airline will do its best to switch you to better flights at no charge.

Calling Princess would probably be an exercise in futility. They would likely offer the option to switching to different flights at today's pricing, not what you paid.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

The airline changed the flights. Since you are now ticketed, call the airline and tell them the flights they switched you to are not acceptable. I do not know about how it works in Canada, but in the USA with a change of time as large as you had, the airline will do its best to switch you to better flights at no charge.

Calling Princess would probably be an exercise in futility. They would likely offer the option to switching to different flights at today's pricing, not what you paid.

Right. If ticketed you must deal directly with the airline — not any easier, I’m afraid. 

4 hours ago, caribill said:

This just happened to us.  Princess changed the flight to the one that was closet to the original flight cost but it was unacceptable to us.  They would only change it if we paid a difference of $200.  We called American and asked if they would change it and they did.  The problem is that American took over the flight and now, if we have problems getting to the cruise, Princess won't help because they say they aren't responsible any more.  I'm rethinking using EZ air.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

2 hours ago, ProfMHC said:

Right. If ticketed you must deal directly with the airline — not any easier, I’m afraid. 

This advice does make sense, although might be a bit more challenging when it's a codeshare ticket.  And the airline isn't going to switch you to another airline - especially a non-partner airline.  

But I do suppose EZ-Air might say no their problem.  Then I guess a personal decision as to whether any charges are worth getting rid of the bad flight(s).

1 hour ago, palolake said:

The problem is that American took over the flight and now, if we have problems getting to the cruise, Princess won't help because they say they aren't responsible any more. 

That's a bummer for sure - although if have plenty of lead time, it should be okay.  Makes me think I would still try EZ-Air first and see what they can do and then the airline as second resort.  Especially with a codeshare situation.

When we have had similar schedule changes that simply don’t work after ticketing I have looked at the airlines flights and found flights that worked and then called the airline and told them the new schedule didn’t work and suggested a flight that did work.  Each time the airline has changed the flights to my preferred choice without cost to me.  My experiences have been primarily with EZair booked through Delta. 

If you decide to try calling EZair dept first it’s still a good idea to have your flight choices ready.

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, palolake said:

This just happened to us.  Princess changed the flight to the one that was closet to the original flight cost but it was unacceptable to us.  They would only change it if we paid a difference of $200.  We called American and asked if they would change it and they did.  The problem is that American took over the flight and now, if we have problems getting to the cruise, Princess won't help because they say they aren't responsible any more.  I'm rethinking using EZ air.

Are you sure about that?

The booking is still credited to Princess Air.

(Also, in the past some of the airlines changes for flights booked through Princess Air made the flight arrive after the ship had sailed. If that happens I would have the airline change the flights instead of relying on Princess to honor their pledge of getting you to the cruise somehow.)

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

When we have had similar schedule changes that simply don’t work after ticketing I have looked at the airlines flights and found flights that worked and then called the airline and told them the new schedule didn’t work and suggested a flight that did work.  Each time the airline has changed the flights to my preferred choice without cost to me. 

And that has been my experience also.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, caribill said:

The airline changed the flights. Since you are now ticketed, call the airline and tell them the flights they switched you to are not acceptable

7 hours ago, ProfMHC said:

Well that sounds perfect in theory but I was told that Princess had to make the correction since they bought the ticket not me. PVP straightened it out immediately but she must have gone to the EZAIR Dept

It was a 12.19.21 flight. 

Edited by Ombud

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Well that sounds perfect in theory but I was told that Princess had to make the correction since they bought the ticket not me. PVP straightened it out immediately but she must have gone to the EZAIR Dept

It was a 12.19.21 flight. 

My experience (twice) was dealing with AA directly when ticketed (less than 45 days before flight.) Others may have different experiences. My last one, (before ticketing last month), I called Princess and they handled it expeditiously though no direct flight would fit time constraints. However, I was not notified of the schedule change. I too discovered it while checking on my flight on the AA app. All my Personalizer said was “unavailable due to schedule change.  Although the schedule change had been made the week before by AA, I was never notified by Princess. 

21 hours ago, LucknowLaura said:

This happened to us, we paid in full 2/21 for a 1/22 cruise with EZ Fare, non-stop coast to coast. They changed me at week 6, got on the phone with travel agent and indicated this was a deal breaker if they could not get me on a non-stop.  It was changed from AA to United non-stop but we leave 2-hours earlier.  Call your agent and give them hell!