Kids Soda Package

CharmCity2000

When we cruise, the kids get a soda package as that is their vacation indulgence, just like I get a drink package.

The kids don’t like Pepsi products though.  They will drink Gatorade and Lipton sweet tea. I realize this is a dumb question so please bear with me.  Is Gatorade included in the kids soda package?  Can the kids go to any bar and order tap water or ice tea or do they have to go to the buffet and get it themselves?  Where can they get orange soda? Part of the soda package has always been the flexibility to get a drink wherever they are on the ship.  We will be on the Pearl.

Edited by CharmCity2000

as ncl has pepsi products exclusively, it's probably not in your best interests to get the soda package. i dont remember seeing gatorade on any of the ncl ships ive been on for the past 10 years.

Since i dont drink gatorade, of course i could be mistaken.  water, your kids can get anywhere. you can also order a case of water delivered to tour cabin, just like you can make dining, show and excursion reservations.  my wife enjoys bottled water so i always order the case. i think ice tea may only be available at the buffet, but if you book a haven, you can probably have the butler bring it directly to your cabin

8 hours ago, complawyer said:

as ncl has pepsi products exclusively, it's probably not in your best interests to get the soda package. i dont remember seeing gatorade on any of the ncl ships ive been on for the past 10 years.

Since i dont drink gatorade, of course i could be mistaken.  water, your kids can get anywhere. you can also order a case of water delivered to tour cabin, just like you can make dining, show and excursion reservations.  my wife enjoys bottled water so i always order the case. i think ice tea may only be available at the buffet, but if you book a haven, you can probably have the butler bring it directly to your cabin

Thanks.  Kids agreed they won't drink the pepsi and are just going to carry around their water bottles.  Getting bottled water delivered to the cabin is a great idea.  I'm assuming they can get a cup of ice from the bar throughout the day to keep it cold.

if you want to save some money, when you 1st meet your cabin steward have him/her empty the mini-fridge ( most of the items available in there are terribly overpriced) then just keep your  bottles of water in the fridge. tell your steward you would like  ice  brought to your cabin a few times per day. most cabins are equipped with ice buckets

by the way, i'm addicted to pepsi ( like some people are addicted to coffee). im 74 and been drinking pepsi since i was about 5.  even if there is an extra cost, i usually end up buying 3-4 cans a day. the soda package doesnt work for me because it's all from t he fountain.

regardless, i hope both you and your children have an enjoyable cruise

• Like 1