International RE-Entry Test Change

Interesting that they have updated it to say US Homeports now...... I have had it confirmed that ex-Barbados sailings still provide complimentary testing (but that is a requirement for the ship to redock in Barbados rather than RCI doing it out of the goodness of their hearts I suspect! )......but at $105pp they are taking the mick.....waiting for the backlash.....

1 hour ago, JillK said:

Wow- "starting at $210"... so my for family of 6 it will be "starting" (surprise you won't know until you get there) at $1260 USD ($1615 Canadian) or the stress-inducing option of trying to find somewhere along the way home. Feels like Royal doesn't want me to sail! 

I live in the USA.  But I think even this latest change is still terribly unfair to people flying to other countries that booked their cruise under Royal’s policy BEFORE it stated any January 5, 2022 changes.

To me, the key thing about this latest change is that they will now arrange for your testing to be done AFTER you are off their cruise ship.  That means if you test positive, they don’t have to pay to quarantine you and fly you home.

For USA citizens that don’t mind these policy changes because they’re not personally affected, be aware that this shows they might also change a policy that affects you too.  They could decide to stop paying for quarantine and private flights home to the USA and tell you to use your travel insurance!

Edited to add:  i can see why RCL might need to change their policies, but I think those changes should only apply to people that book AFTER they announce policy change.

Edited by D4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JillK said:

Wow- "starting at $210"... so my for family of 6 it will be "starting" (surprise you won't know until you get there) at $1260 USD ($1615 Canadian) or the stress-inducing option of trying to find somewhere along the way home. Feels like Royal doesn't want me to sail! 

Will the monitored BiNax tests work for you?

And no mention as was noted on website about 2 weeks ago about complimentary covid-19 assistance if you test positive up to 48 hours post cruise  ie at terminal    They noted 10 days hotel, meals and change fees for flights complimentary 

AC326BA0-D6C5-46EF-93CE-A5F705498123.jpeg

10 minutes ago, emmy said:

And no mention as was noted on website about 2 weeks ago about complimentary covid-19 assistance if you test positive up to 48 hours post cruise  ie at terminal    They noted 10 days hotel, meals and change fees for flights complimentary 

AC326BA0-D6C5-46EF-93CE-A5F705498123.jpeg

isn't that  just peachy.......lets see if we can make this even more difficult. 

• Like 1

Not a happy camper.

when we booked our spring break cruise last January PCR testing to return home was included.

When I modified the reservation in November PCR testing was included to return home. 
Now 75 days out RC sends an email saying that testing will now be after we disembark and it will now cost up to $210 U.S  per PCR test.

I do not think so!!

The 5 Night cruise was $1500 U.S for the three of us. No way am I giving them another $600+ to get home. Our flight is the afternoon we were to disembark.

Looks like WDW will be getting an extension on our pre cruise vacation days. And the testing to get home is free.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, melbur said:

$210 USD ($270 Cdn) from their "testing Partner"? Gouging on top of everything else. 

I refuse. 
Just got off the phone with RC and cancelled our March cruise.

Refund will take up to 45 days but if like our last cruise refund it will be closer to 90 days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CCBB said:

@emmyIn the above link, I cannot find the reference regarding testing positive within 48 hours. Can you help me to locate that information on the RCCL web site? Thank you.

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered

35 minutes ago, OACAggie said:

But it does not include the part pertaining to testing positive within 48 hours of disembarking the ship. 

As @little britainpointed out above, this part seems to have disappeared. So does it mean that RCCL is not offering those provisions? If so, that remains to be a high risk and serious concerns. 

5 hours ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Will the monitored BiNax tests work for you?

I'm not sure. When we deposited on this cruise a month ago (all the way back when it seemed things were getting better!) it was with the understanding that tests were being done a day before disembarkation and knew from other Canadians who have cruised previously that whatever RCI was using was acceptable for re-entry so I didn't do the kind of detective work I normally would.

I now will look into the requirements and determine what may work for us or will cancel and plan further out when hopefully the PCR test requirement will be dropped.

We truly do want to cruise again but I can't bring myself to spend the equivalent of half our cruise fare on COVID tests. IMHO $2000 for our family's COVID tests is insane and that's setting aside what I am figuring will be a very stressful end to the trip. 

• Like 1

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

Last Sunday, we shared an update with you regarding debark testing options for our international guests who require a re-entry test to return home. Please note, that message was sent to you in error and does not apply to the following sailings:

• Quantum of the Seas – departing from Asia
  • Spectrum of the Seas – departing from Asia
  • Grandeur of the Seas – departing from Barbados

As a result, please disregard our previous message. We’re very sorry for any confusion caused by this, but thank you for your patience and understanding.

We’re looking forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International