onboard spending account setup - Credit card did not pass Online Check-In verification

cyclist_guy1

anyone ever have a problem trying to setup your onboard spending account?

im trying to setup my family's onboard spending account, during online check-in, and im getting a message - Credit card did not pass Online Check-In verification. i know im using a good credit card because i just used it to pay for an excursion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cyclist_guy1 said:

anyone ever have a problem trying to setup your onboard spending account?

im trying to setup my family's onboard spending account, during online check-in, and im getting a message - Credit card did not pass Online Check-In verification. i know im using a good credit card because i just used it to pay for an excursion.

Are you near the credit limit or is it a secured card?  

thanks all for your tips. ive decided to select the option to create a "cash account" temporarily until we get to the port then switch it to my amex credit card. this was suggested by a carnival customer service rep. yes, carnival admits theyre having problems with their credit card charging system.

alls good now and completed online check-in.

Edited by cyclist_guy1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cyclist_guy1 said:

thanks all for your tips. ive decided to select the option to create a "cash account" temporarily until we get to the port then switch it to my amex credit card. this was suggested by a carnival customer service rep. yes, carnival admits theyre having problems with their credit card charging system.

alls good now and completed online check-in.

At least they had a customer service representative who came up with a workable solution. Glad you are now good to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the exact same problem with an American Express card.   Used the same card a week ago on another cruise and cannot use it for the next one.   Frustrating.  Trying to call Carnival means you wait on hold for hours before getting anyone. 

ScreenHunter 03.jpg

Me too.  I couldn't get my Visa to work either.   I still have 15 days until my cruise so I'm not going to sweat it, but it is weird. It should get fixed before then.  No way that I'm going to sit on hold, LOL!  I'm pretty sure that you can wait to get to the port and attach a card anyway.  I don't think that you even need to set one up ahead of time, it just makes things a little faster at check in.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dcsham said:

I had the exact same issue with my Amex card, which is odd because I booked and paid for the cruise with it. That being said, I didn’t feel like waiting to try and figure out what the problem was so I just used a Master Card and it went through fine.  So, I’m thinking this is a Carnival/Amex issue that they need to resolve since it’s happened to multiple people. 

Ditto.  Did the exact same thing.

• 2 months later...
On 1/2/2022 at 1:19 PM, Hockeydad1972 said:

I had the same issue and my card has a zero balance and a $15000 limit.. Switched to another card and went through.. my guess is they are having issues with Amex..

Still same issue going on. Couldn't get my AmEx with $10000 CL, zero balance, to work. Had to switch to a different card and it worked right away.