Just Tested positive for Covid

itzfitz

1 hour ago, itzfitz said:

Does anyone know Oceania's policy if I just tested positive for Covid and am supposed to be leaving for a cruise on January 4.  What are my cancellation options?

You should ask your TA or Oceania directly, and not rely on anecdotal information on CC. Do you have Travel Insurance that covers COID?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itzfitz said:

Does anyone know Oceania's policy if I just tested positive for Covid and am supposed to be leaving for a cruise on January 4.  What are my cancellation options?

Clearly stated in the SailSafe FAQs. Just read the answer to this question:

Will I be issued a refund if I am denied entry to the country where the voyage originates (port of embarkation)?

Alternatively, you could scroll back through this thread to post #782.

2 hours ago, itzfitz said:

Have you read your Ticket Contract (on the O website)?

Look at 5.f for the very clear answer to your question:

5 f. Known or Suspected COVID-19 Case Before Boarding. 

2 hours ago, itzfitz said:

Here's the section 5f that FF is referring to. It's more relevant than the SaileSafe FAQs since the Jan 4 sailing embarks in Miami.

5f. Known or Suspected COVID-19 Case Before Boarding.  You agree that if at any time within 14 days prior to scheduled embarkation, You test positive for COVID-19, exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19, have had close contact with a person confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19, or We otherwise determine in Our sole discretion that You are unfit to board because of any communicable illness, We will deny You boarding.  Under these circumstances, unless We determine that You have failed to comply with Our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures or this Ticket Contract, if You are denied boarding because of a known or suspected infection with COVID-19, You will be entitled to a future cruise credit equal in value to the amount You paid to Us as Cruise Fare, or if required by law, a refund equal in value to the amount You paid to Us as Cruise Fare, subject to Your providing verification satisfactory to Us of results of tests administered by providers other than those retained by Us.  Under no circumstances shall We have any other liability for any compensation or other damages whatsoever, including but not limited to compensation for lodging or travel.  

Edited by 1985rz1

17 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Have you read your Ticket Contract (on the O website)?

Look at 5.f for the very clear answer to your question:

5 f. Known or Suspected COVID-19 Case Before Boarding. 

Thank you.  Just read the section and it answers my question.  

• Like 1