Geoff's or Rendevouz Caye?

Sue Goodreds

My husband and I have a cruise scheduled with Carnival 1/16/21 with lots of OBC from a cancelled cruise.  We were hoping for a great all-inclusive beach day excursion (thru Carnival due to the OBC) but do not see one.  What are your thoughts on Geoff's Caye snorkeling or Rendevouz Caye snorkeling if you have been to either?  We are both a bit older with knee/hip issues so it's difficult for us to get back on a boat if there is no ladder.  Any thoughts/comments will be greatly appreciated!

All "beach" excursions in Belize around the Belize City area are to the various cayes off shore.

Goff's Caye is a small island and they bring everything out with them.  Nothing there.  You can beach or go back out with the boat to snorkel off shore.   Depending on the size of the size and the number allowed on the excursion, the place could get crowded.

Rendezvous Caye has/had a small resort there. Mostly cabins.  Again off shore for snorkeling.  Food is variable.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I went on the Princess excursion to Rendezvous Caye last week. The boat picked us up directly from the ship for the boat ride to the Caye. I did not expect such a tiny island. The snorkeling was very good. It was easy to get into the water from steps. The best part was the excellent guide we had with our group of 17. He talked about the various corals, fish, and other sea life we saw. 

We received a ticket good for a cheeseburger and cup of rum punch. Additional food and beverages were available for purchase.

DSCF2695.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/24/2022 at 10:13 PM, Poconolady said:

We are thinking about doing the Geoff Caye excursion. This lookslike the only beach trip offered on our sailing. If we don’t snorkel, can we just hang out on the beach? Are there loungers, beach chairs, umbrellas etc , or just beach?

Goff's Caye was great.  we were there last week while cruising on Apex.  We were the only ship there that day so the island wasn't crowded.  The island is small so if another ship was there i suppose it could get crowded.  The snorkeling was great, beach and water were beautiful and lunch was great.   There are some loungers but i am not  sure if they are free.  Didnt seem to be too many of them.  a few umbrellas and some palm trees for shade.  

20 hours ago, brooker said:

Goff's Caye was great.  we were there last week while cruising on Apex.  We were the only ship there that day so the island wasn't crowded.  The island is small so if another ship was there i suppose it could get crowded.  The snorkeling was great, beach and water were beautiful and lunch was great.   There are some loungers but i am not  sure if they are free.  Didnt seem to be too many of them.  a few umbrellas and some palm trees for shade.  

The loungers are $10 ea and umbrella is $5, I think they only have one umbrella. Island is only a little over one acre, so it is extremely small, think Gilligans island, but smaller. You pay extra for lunch and drinks, not included in ships package. The beach is pretty, but  its very rocky in the water at the shore line, bring your beach shoes to protect your feet. It was a fun day. In actuality, the ships excursion basically pays for the boat transport from the ship to the island and back, if you aren’t snorkeling. The snorkelers said it was good, they saw a lot and the crew was helpful.