Cunard & P & O now require boosters - will RCI follow?

I had hives for several weeks after the second shot, then contracted COVID in August.  According to some studies, I should now have "super immunity" due to being vaccinated then infected.  So I will not be rushing out to get the booster shot.  

If RC wants to seriously tackle COVID on its ships, it should go to 100% vaccinated and testing at the port prior to boarding for all passengers and crew.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

CC seems to think boosters will probably become a requirement down the road.

It would not surprise me either.  The hepatitis and rabies are both 3 shot series I believe. The current mRNA boosters are also only half strength of the original, that might also change. And from the limited reported data I have seen (so really just an opinion), it would not surprise me if a certain manufacturer becomes the standard for the booster, or a booster may be modified to be more effective against omicron.

On 12/24/2021 at 10:16 AM, Maitaivegas said:

I really hope they don’t, the second Pfizer sent me into a 3 month flare up.

I will not be getting the booster unless I see some hard medical proof that people under 65 need it.

It is there. Until we stop the spread and the continued mutations we will need vaccines. If the healthy would get vaccinated it will help protect those who can’t. This virus is very smart and will continue to mutate as long as it finds a host. The majority of hospitals are filled with the unvaccinated so there are plenty of hosts for it to find. 

4 hours ago, Painter4me said:

It will never end. 4 shots in a 12 month period is crazy! Big Pharma is getting richer and richer. Why would people keep injecting themselves with something that only works for a short time (if it works it all).  You don’t know what long term effects this is going to have on your bodies.

I was wrong. A study has begun, December 27th, on if a second booster would be beneficial. I see Covid as a flu, we get shots yearly, this will be the same I think. I must say I'm getting quite sick of the whole Big Pharma out to get us. Yep, all those friends, relatives etc enter a cult upon graduating college in medicine that they must destroy the human race....

Edited by Moltar