Best Use of Cheers!?

jslev9

We're getting ready to board the Freedom in a couple days and bought Cheers! since we'll be celebrating a couple different things on board (honeymoon and NYE!). Does anyone have suggestions of drinks we should be sure to try that are good uses of Cheers -- expensive liquors (especially whiskeys and bourbons), drinks over $15, etc?

I have no doubts we'll get our fair share of use out of the package regardless of what we drink. But it'd be fun to drink things we normally wouldn't get at home!

• Like 1

Previously, you could go to the steakhouse bar for drinks without an actual steakhouse reservation.  We did it on a number of cruises, as they bartender usually is only making drinks for the diners.  Better options and less crowded.

• Thanks 1

If you're  going to order a drink off of the menu, don't just order a Bloody Mary or a rum & Coke.  Make it a Bloody Mary with Grey Goose or a Kraken with Coke.  Always order top notch liquors, otherwise you'll get rail junk. Same with the frozen stuff such as a Pina Colada or a Miami Vice.

Edited by SNJCruisers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/24/2021 at 3:49 PM, stevethepirate said:

A couple of weeks ago the Dream had Blanton's at the Steakhouse Bar. No place else on the ship.

On the Panorama back on our Feb 2020 cruise they had Blanton's in Guys Pig & Anchor. We are going again this Feb and I hope they still have it..smooooth!  And Alchemy Bar is fantastic!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poecrew said:

So you can have frozen drinks made with top shelf alcohol?  Are all frozen drinks made to order?

Yes and yes.  The only premade drinks are at the rum bar and tequila bar adjacent to the main pool on Lido deck on various ships in the fleet.  The popular drinks can be located in pitchers instead of being made to order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Yes and yes.  The only premade drinks are at the rum bar and tequila bar adjacent to the main pool on Lido deck on various ships in the fleet.  The popular drinks can be located in pitchers instead of being made to order.

Thank you very much for your reply. I cruise on January 9th so this is quite helpful.

7 hours ago, famof4togo said:

Is there a list of brands that the ships carry...I LOVE "veuve clicquot" champagne...anywhere I can see if Carnival carries it or not?  TIA

I doubt that they do.  If they did, it would only be available by the bottle.  

On 12/27/2021 at 1:57 PM, famof4togo said:

Is there a list of brands that the ships carry...I LOVE "veuve clicquot" champagne...anywhere I can see if Carnival carries it or not?  TIA

They have yellow label brut buy the bottle and 1/2 bottle in the steakhouse. Don't have to eat there to order from the bar. 

1 minute ago, claimee said:

Is it correct that you are limited to 15 drinks per day on the Cheers package? Trying to decide if it's worth the $$...

Yes.  It is. 
I have read that you are limited to 15 drinks per day whether or not you have Cheers.  I'm just not sure if they monitor as closely as they would with Cheers. 

13 minutes ago, claimee said:

Is it correct that you are limited to 15 drinks per day on the Cheers package? Trying to decide if it's worth the $$...

15 alcoholic drinks. The other non alcoholic drinks are all you care to consume. 

27 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

15 alcoholic drinks. The other non alcoholic drinks are all you care to consume. 

Is there somewhere these terms are stated on their site? I can't find it and it would be nice to have it clearly stated. 🙂

7 minutes ago, claimee said:

Is there somewhere these terms are stated on their site? I can't find it and it would be nice to have it clearly stated. 🙂

I understand there is a maximum of 15 drinks a day for the CHEERS! program. With the enhanced program, do non-alcoholic drinks count toward this total?
Sodas and other applicable non-alcoholic beverages remain unlimited and will not be counted toward the 15 alcoholic beverages limit, and all other policies and procedures remain the same. Guests are expected to enjoy alcohol responsibly and staff members are trained not to serve guests who appear to be intoxicated.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3525/~/cheers!-beverage-program-q%26as

• Like 1

Also I did find confirmation that the limit is 15 alcohol drinks per person whether or not you have Cheers.  

Drinking Alcohol On Board

The minimum age for the purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages in the bars, lounges and gift shops is 21 years of age. Carnival reserves the right to request ID prior to the purchase of alcohol and refuse the sale of alcohol to anyone. Guests will be limited to purchasing a maximum of 15 alcoholic beverages, per person, per day while on board.

https://www.carnival.com/help?topicid=1106#section-1

One more thing (and thanks for all the help!!) is there any chance I'll get a deal offer for the drink package? If not, I'll just go ahead and pay for it now. But it would be just my luck that I'd pay for it and then in a day or two see a better offer... 😛

1 hour ago, claimee said:

It's worth it if you like to imbibe and I don't even drink on the last day since I drive to the cruise terminal and don't like feeling "off" when doing a long drive. You don't even have to maxout daily to have it be a good deal. The coffes, milkshakes and other beverages are also very nice to have and they will give you 25% off the better wines and champange that you buy by the bottle as well. The better stuff is generally not avialable by the glass but they also have plenty of sevivable options by the glass. You're on vacation, live a little! 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1