Live Odyssey 12/26/2021 New Years Cruise. (Well, errr, a, maybe????)Pics included

whitshel

If Puerto Plata was not such a long drive for us, I would love to be there to see the ship dock.  Thank you for your postings.  Are you planning on going to Giovanni's Wine Bar.  I believe it is an a la carte restaurant?  so they allow up to $35.00 pp?  Love the food pictures.  

Good morning from Puerta Plata. Looks like there is Carnival ship over at Amber Cove as well. We are doing an excursion called Playa Dorada Beach Escape. Just ride to a resort and a chair to chill out. Hopefully it's a nice Beach. 

20211230_064317.thumb.jpg.ad5b28a9e9f1e39a42ccc01d9cad9f68.jpg

20211230_071620.thumb.jpg.a03cf4bf8a1161a9f5b4f2e91eb5ab9f.jpg

20211230_073852.thumb.jpg.68b09e7f446861ea63c0a9bf580db7cc.jpg

20211230_071628.thumb.jpg.e33e5858199c114181bad8a782c59f43.jpg

20211230_073710.thumb.jpg.43a50677e48edc3d1abffbe3e44b89d4.jpg

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Looks like they can fit 2 ships but the second has to be way smaller.

20211230_080530.thumb.jpg.e05462cffc917ebcef8e38f4362650b9.jpg

20211230_080643.thumb.jpg.a64817c9b48cb41ed00ef4f9137fce89.jpg

I leave on Allure next week. Our original itinerary had Puerta Plata on it but they changed it to Nassau a few months ago due to the port not being done. It'll be interesting if we end up going to Puerta Plata next week after all if St Thomas, st maarten or st Kitts denies us lol 

49 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I leave on Allure next week. Our original itinerary had Puerta Plata on it but they changed it to Nassau a few months ago due to the port not being done. It'll be interesting if we end up going to Puerta Plata next week after all if St Thomas, st maarten or st Kitts denies us lol 

Chances are high one of those will deny you. Puerta Plata may be the new go to port. 

6 hours ago, colesc15 said:

St Thomas and St Kitts have already kicked the Allure in past sailings for higher than 1% Covid cases.  The Allure also has the, um, distinction of being the only ship St. Maarten has kicked in recent weeks, too.  That may have changed, though, as they haven't kicked any ship recently, and the Rhapsody is docked there as a quarantine ship to offload Covid positive crew.  So you may make St. Maarten after all.

Also, when Puerto Rico kicked the Allure, they just added a second day in St. Maarten to the itinerary, so that might be kind of fun to be able to stay late and have dinner and party on the island.

Edited by DevonfromAcme

2 hours ago, casone said:

Have you noticed a difference in service due to less staff?  Or maybe they brought on more staff?

Not from any of the venues we visited. Probably the biggest impact is the entertainment. There are no production shows at all. They've had comedians and solo singers in the main theatre. Some nights no shows in the main theatre. But all other activities/entertainment seem to be happening. Trivia, 270 shows, live music, regulars activities all going on. 

On 12/28/2021 at 10:24 PM, whitshel said:

Izumi Tonight. We're not real big sushi eaters but this was really good. 

l

20211228_190815.thumb.jpg.12ec019fd174539172944754f13d9da0.jpg

And no idea, but it was damn good roll. 😆

Oh please try and find out what this is.  It looks good so if you can stop by and ask I and perhaps others would appreciate it.    underneath it looks like ground meat

15 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Oh please try and find out what this is.  It looks good so if you can stop by and ask I and perhaps others would appreciate it.    underneath it looks like ground meat

I will do my best to get back there. If not it's the 1st roll on the right side of the menu. 

We are at Chops last night. Great meal, had the rib eye, my wife had the spicy shrimp,  both were fantastic. The bacon is still my favorite app. Sorry forgot to get pics

I still have to say that Fahrenheit 55 has it over Chops. But that's about the only thing 🤔

• Like 3

On 12/29/2021 at 4:00 PM, whitshel said:

Haven't had the food there yet. Was there on Sunday and they literally had evey NFL game on at least 3 TV's, it was awesome!!  Plus the headliner game they had on the big screen across the seaplex.

20211226_155527.thumb.jpg.e72309ef1905dcc0484e0a52879df374.jpg

We ate there yesterday after getting back from Puerto Plata. Had the Poke Nachos and the margarita. Both were good. It’s loud with all the games going on and bummer cars.

At lunch today in Coastal Kitchen, we had a discussion with one of the managers. The ship officially has 2647 passengers which is about 55% capacity. I noticed it’s not as crowded as it could be. Still able to get chairs in Solarium and around the outside pools. Only major crowds I notice have been in Windjammer which we try to avoid. I have not heard any other numbers about COVID outbreaks with the crew or any other passengers. Except for the extra day at sea, we have been overall pleased. One negative has been the food in the main dining room and other free food areas. We do not have the UDP but are staying in a suite so Coastal Kitchen is included and has been great for dinner. 

22 minutes ago, bsa0092 said:

We ate there yesterday after getting back from Puerto Plata. Had the Poke Nachos and the margarita. Both were good. It’s loud with all the games going on and bummer cars.

We had lunch there today. Your basic bar food.  We tried the regular Nachos, onion ring tower, wings, burger and the sliders.  Would I eat there without the UDP, probably not unless it's just wings or finger type foods while watching a game. 

20211231_121615.thumb.jpg.4be7d991b9efc2976b915a7c9eea57e2.jpg

20211231_121611.thumb.jpg.8464dfb5f6697190de802308b0d18b14.jpg

20211231_121413.thumb.jpg.3d2700b5bde47e5ce87b6737580d4f64.jpg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, bsa0092 said:

At lunch today in Coastal Kitchen, we had a discussion with one of the managers. The ship officially has 2647 passengers which is about 55% capacity. I noticed it’s not as crowded as it could be. Still able to get chairs in Solarium and around the outside pools. Only major crowds I notice have been in Windjammer which we try to avoid. I have not heard any other numbers about COVID outbreaks with the crew or any other passengers. Except for the extra day at sea, we have been overall pleased. One negative has been the food in the main dining room and other free food areas. We do not have the UDP but are staying in a suite so Coastal Kitchen is included and has been great for dinner. 

Wow, I can't imagine this ship only being half full. It is certainly not crazy but I can't imagine how it would feel double the passengers. So far I think this is my favorite class of ship, I hope I'm not disillusioned by the crowd counts. 

We are doing the mdr for the 1st time tonight. The menu actually looks pretty good. Didn't want to do izumi again and both Chops and Giovanni's are $100 for new years eve 

20 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Here is what that roll is. It's the top one on this menu. Screenshot_20211231-145432_Royal.thumb.jpg.6d437c80b766f091424e7be65f46fbd8.jpg

40 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Wow, I can't imagine this ship only being half full. It is certainly not crazy but I can't imagine how it would feel double the passengers.

When we were on with only 1500, we thought that was the perfect amount.  I will hate to go

back to full capacity on any ships.  

We sail Oasis on Sunday, and they say the count is down to 2600 now.   Was hoping for a little lower.  

• Like 1