Live Odyssey 12/26/2021 New Years Cruise. (Well, errr, a, maybe????)Pics included

whitshel

11 hours ago, whitshel said:

Yup, sounds pretty close to our experience

We got tested at CVS Vegas Strip b4 r cruise late Oct.   I was so stressed but we were the only 2 at the test both outdoors in the delivery area.  All that worry for nothing. Gotta do it all over at the end of Jan.  This too shall pass. 

2 hours ago, kpauley said:

Hope you had a Perfect Day at Coco Cay. 😀 By any chance did you get in the pool? Wondering how the water temp is this time of year. 

We were there last Tuesday it was cold!! There were lots of people in there, so I guess it's subjective,  but even my 12 year old thought it was cold.  She is hot natured and rarely says anything is cold.  We were there the middle of October and it was a huge difference in the pool and ocean temp! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kpauley said:

Hope you had a Perfect Day at Coco Cay. 😀 By any chance did you get in the pool? Wondering how the water temp is this time of year. 

The pool is very cold in Jan.Its ok to lay in the sun.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, whitshel said:

Leaving Coco Cay now. Captain just announced the weather etc on our way to St Thomas. So fingers crossed we'll get there. Had a great day today at Coco Cay. I did the NorthStar at 9am then got off the boat about 10. You know, it was just about perfect 😁

How many people are they allowing on each NorthStar ride?

13 hours ago, HalfMoon said:

How many people are they allowing on each NorthStar ride?

We had 6, then another family walked up with 4 presumably with a 9am reservation and they told them to wait til 915. Maybe they didn't do the resi for all 4 of them. It was really nice, plenty of room to distance. 

13 hours ago, rbell said:

The pool is very cold in Jan.Its ok to lay in the sun.

Never did the pool but by the looks of it, it was pretty cool, not many folks in it. But I can say the ocean water was cold (well that's relative). Colder than what I'm used to, takes your breath away when you first get in. Felt like the Pacific in the dead of summer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Current situation on Odyssey.

The captain just had his morning announcement, said we are sailing at full speed ,22 knots towards St Thomas. Then he said that he was informed that one our (meaning Rccl) ships was denied entry into San Juan yesterday. He said he will let us know later if that will impact our sailing. So far no COVID cases have been communicated to us. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Bette And Bill said:

When we boarded the Odyssey as well as the Allure, there was a suite, Pinnacle and Key Line. It just sad suites on the sign above your head. There were no ropes just people standing in line. As you look towards the terminal building (where you are entering) it is on your right. 

They had that too when we boarded, the sign above the entrance said "suites" but like I said, only one line for all until you reached check in. I even saw a couple people ask, they turned and pointed towards the end of the line. 

15 hours ago, Tljcruiser said:

We were there last Tuesday it was cold!! There were lots of people in there, so I guess it's subjective,  but even my 12 year old thought it was cold.  She is hot natured and rarely says anything is cold.  We were there the middle of October and it was a huge difference in the pool and ocean temp! 

I zoomed in on my pic from earlier, you can see it says suites, but nope. It's everyone. Maybe just this sailing, idk. But the only  people that would pass is are families with kids under 12.

Screenshot_20211228-103038_Photos.thumb.jpg.175155aa9135a768b7021efbb323ebd3.jpg

I just don't get people. Why are people such idiots. Why, why why, would you leave this on the elevator!  Have you not heard of the ongoing COVID problem in the county, world?

Ughhhhhhhh! (Quote from My cousin Vinnie, Was trying to find the scene where he asks about the cholesterol issue in the US) but anyways. IDIOTS!!  And this is why you must wash your hands!! 

20211228_091450.thumb.jpg.78f0a67dddefb29e89d30565a8eb220d.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Dinner last night was a Wonderland. It was a very fun experience and the food was interesting and very good.  

20211228_105036.thumb.jpg.3117430ea4b9d75279574060b8acf64d.jpg

20211228_105009.thumb.jpg.1f4ef806f787711ca08fb42849896df5.jpg

20211227_183214.thumb.jpg.ca0f0edebcb6e6e4f48cc77b67e92850.jpg

20211227_182433.thumb.jpg.898970c828f5864b8038e5d285070d90.jpg

20211227_185816.thumb.jpg.a0761a665e7e1d53521644760f5815d9.jpg

20211227_192756.thumb.jpg.338063f229a8dda78a5954d2b9860043.jpg

Hi from bsa0092. We are also on the Odyssey and ate at Wonderland on Sunday. Very much enjoyed it. Had seen a pervious post that the portions were small but I felt very full after the entree.

12 minutes ago, bsa0092 said:

Hi from bsa0092. We are also on the Odyssey and ate at Wonderland on Sunday. Very much enjoyed it. Had seen a pervious post that the portions were small but I felt very full after the entree.

Portions were small but they kept coming. I was very full afterwards.