Live Odyssey 12/26/2021 New Years Cruise. (Well, errr, a, maybe????)Pics included

whitshel

nope most ships are not doing standby for shows or activities.

At least for most of Nov and Dec on most ships.

there was no stand on Anthem in early Nov, however, for the 2nd level theatre, once the show started I would say about 15 mins in, I was able to just open the door quietly and walk in.   No said anything.

But no standby for Northstar which ended up being down 40% of the time anyways due to weather or mechanics.   

22 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

there was no stand on Anthem in early Nov, however, for the 2nd level theatre, once the show started I would say about 15 mins in, I was able to just open the door quietly and walk in.   No said anything.

But no standby for Northstar which ended up being down 40% of the time anyways due to weather or mechanics.   

There were stand bys for both shows and Northstar on Anthem last week, but I got a definite no, twice, for Ripcord stand by (it was that way pre pandemic as well). They will let you use your cabin mate's slot tho for Ripcord.

Biker, who got a 2 minute solo ride on Ripcord when no one else showed up.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There were stand bys for both shows and Northstar on Anthem last week, but I got a definite no, twice, for Ripcord stand by (it was that way pre pandemic as well). They will let you use your cabin mate's slot tho for Ripcord.

Biker, who got a 2 minute solo ride on Ripcord when no one else showed up.

sounds like rules are changing all the time.   hard to keep up

13 minutes ago, danoconnl said:

How is that pool for sun, does that arm throw a constant shadow that makes getting sun mean you are moving a lot?

Thanks

Dan

I guess, probably a relief for people tho. That sun is hot. There is another outdoor pool with no arm over it, for you 100% sun worshippers 😆

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Odyssey has some great outdoor seating areas. 

20211227_060126.thumb.jpg.4995f5927c1e2454f3dcab356d9885b4.jpg

20211227_060249.thumb.jpg.77d03dc90ad19e84ca0c67411105582c.jpg

20211227_060259.thumb.jpg.70e811018b13368e6d10cc709c8ddb20.jpg

Fun pool deck!

20211227_084925.thumb.jpg.5ffc06422db302c1132eb25ca7608615.jpg

And Solarium

20211228_101219.thumb.jpg.8860828152ce02964fb42ec98181f675.jpg

20211228_101216.thumb.jpg.68d9dc140e73fc60a1df5a4a65bbd014.jpg

Who brings a blow up pool toy that takes up nearly a third of the small pool? How inconsiderate. Almost like they are trying to save pool space now. From chair hogs to pool hogs the evolution.  

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, cruizzing said:

It's "decoration", not a real person.

Looked like a photo to me. Even if true, hogs don't need any visual reminders. Terrible idea if marketing materiel. I get that it makes it "look bigger" but you just know someone is going to see that and go "great idea" unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Looked like a photo to me. Even if true, hogs don't need any visual reminders. Terrible idea if marketing materiel. I get that it makes it "look bigger" but you just know someone is going to see that and go "great idea" unfortunately. 

It is actually an amazing piece down to water droplets on her legs. The whole thing is solid including the "inflatable.  Nobody is bringing pool toys because of that art piece. 

Edited by Robo1098

4 minutes ago, Robo1098 said:

It is actually an amazing piece down to water droplets on her legs. The whole thing is solid including the "inflatable.  Nobody is bringing pool toys because of that art piece. 

Guess I should have known by the proper swim cap hair cover, the typical cruiser would have a bucket of budlights and definitely not be wearing a swim cap lol. 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Guess I should have known by the proper swim cap hair cover, the typical cruiser would have a bucket of budlights and definitely not be wearing a swim cap lol. 

Until you are close to it you really can't tell it's not real. Even then it takes a close look. 

On 12/26/2021 at 2:36 PM, whitshel said:

I should have mentioned to with the embarcation process, as we're standing in the huge line outside they were taking the families with kids under 12 right away inside. They have to be tested etc so I guess they wanted to get them going as soon as possible. 

Do you happen to know if they had to be tested because the kids were unvaxed?    

1 hour ago, whitshel said:

I guess, probably a relief for people tho. That sun is hot. There is another outdoor pool with no arm over it, for you 100% sun worshippers 😆

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Who brings a blow up pool toy that takes up nearly a third of the small pool? How inconsiderate. Almost like they are trying to save pool space now. From chair hogs to pool hogs the evolution.  

that is a sculpture perched on a ledge over the top of the terraced infinity pool. 😂

58 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Just announced, no St Thomas, no San Juan, but will stop at Puerto Plata, Dr in place of San Juan. 53 crew tested positive and no passengers

I was the 12/11 Allure cruise where our Puerto Plata stop was replaced with Nassau because the Royal Caribbean dock was not ready. Has that changed? I was on Regal Princess the week before and we stopped at Amber Cove, DR. There was some shopping in the port area. Went to a Lifestyle Resort through a ship excursion. Sorry you are missing your other two stops. We are to be on the 01/09 Odyssey sailing. I'm beginning to rethink it.