Fish spa

shipgeeks

Do any ships have a fish spa?  (They are the tanks in which feet are submerged while a particular type of tiny fish nibbles away all the dead skin.  Feels great, excellent results!)  I've been to one in Cozumel, but it would be even better to have one onboard.

They're in Cabo as well. They have been banned in the state of Washington, and probably across the U.S. because all impliments used in pedicures must be sanitized, and you can't sanitize live fish. So don't think you will find them on any cruise ship.

On 12/25/2021 at 5:08 PM, shipgeeks said:

Do any ships have a fish spa?  (They are the tanks in which feet are submerged while a particular type of tiny fish nibbles away all the dead skin.  Feels great, excellent results!)  I've been to one in Cozumel, but it would be even better to have one onboard.

I have never heard of this.  Do the fish work on toenails?  Might be less expensive than the services of a podiatrist.  

14 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I have never heard of this.  Do the fish work on toenails?  Might be less expensive than the services of a podiatrist.  

The fish don't "trim" toenails (I wish!), but they do a great job of nibbling off all the flaky dry skin, including around the nails, that feet seem to accumulate.  And they tickle in a delightful way.

The lady in Cozumel that I've gone to charges $15 or $20 for 20 minutes or so.

After my first experience there, DH offered to buy me my own school of the appropriate fishies, but I did some research and declined.

• Haha 1