Emergency Order - Quarantine

*Miss G*

That is not new.

Everything written there has already been on the Government website.

The only difference is that what you posted is way easier to read, follow, and understand, so thank you for sharing.

As I read it if you come back from a country other then Canada or the U.S., AND (this word is important), AND are randomly selected to do a PCR test you are not allowed to leave your house until the test comes back.

And here goes @Fouremco responding at the same time as me again 🙂 Lets see if we say the same thing again 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K_e_short said:

That is not new.

Everything written there has already been on the Government website.

The only difference is that what you posted is way easier to read, follow, and understand, so thank you for sharing.

As I read it if you come back from a country other then Canada or the U.S., AND (this word is important), AND are randomly selected to do a PCR test you are not allowed to leave your house until the test comes back.

And here goes @Fouremco responding at the same time as me again 🙂 Lets see if we say the same thing again 🙂

You're on your own, now, as I'm closing the computer and taking the dog for his evening walk.🦮 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

That seems pretty straight forward and agrees with my understanding of the rules. In fact, it's a shame that the GOC website isn't so clear.

As a matter of interest, did you receive anything similar upon entry?

In all my trips into Canada, during Covid, this is the first time I have received this email.  Previous to this, quarantine was not required while awaiting test results.

1 minute ago, *Miss G* said:

In all my trips into Canada, during Covid, this is the first time I have received this email.  Previous to this, quarantine was not required while awaiting test results.

I read the website a lot to make sure I was following all the rules.

It says:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#entry-vaccinated

You must be prepared to quarantine when entering Canada as you could:

• be selected for an arrival test that requires that you quarantine until you get a negative test result;

So that email you received says the same thing.

Perhaps they are trying to be stricter, trying to remind people the rules prior to the rush of people coming home from Christmas vacations??

17 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I read the website a lot to make sure I was following all the rules.

It says:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#entry-vaccinated

You must be prepared to quarantine when entering Canada as you could:

• be selected for an arrival test that requires that you quarantine until you get a negative test result;

So that email you received says the same thing.

Perhaps they are trying to be stricter, trying to remind people the rules prior to the rush of people coming home from Christmas vacations??

Prepared to quarantine, yes.  REQUIRED to quarantine, no.

• Like 1

I have returned to Toronto from out of country 3 times in the last 2 months and received this both  as a handout at the CBP line and an email each time.  Thankfully I have not been selected for random testing (yet). Just preparing you in case you are one of the lucky ones that gets selected!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Since they implemented the PCR tests on arrival (Early Dec.), quarantining has always been required if you are tested and waiting for the results.

• Like 1

Just came back from my Oasis of the Seas cruise and my famiily was selected for the "random" test but not the entire family.  My eldest daughter (18) was not selected.  I asked why not just select us all, since we all live in the same house and the border guy said, "because it is random".  ?????   Something that he has to select 75% of the border crossers for random testing.

Waiting for the results now...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, xcell said:

Just came back from my Oasis of the Seas cruise and my famiily was selected for the "random" test but not the entire family.  My eldest daughter (18) was not selected.  I asked why not just select us all, since we all live in the same house and the border guy said, "because it is random".  ?????   Something that he has to select 75% of the border crossers for random testing.

Waiting for the results now...

I guess he wanted to leave you someone to go get snacks!  Sorry you have to quarantine.  Hope you get your negative test results soon.

• Thanks 1