Downtown at night.

highflyingrealtor

Night snorkeling/kayaking, Magic Ice (check hours),  nice surprise  “sunset” dinner at Mafolie with a harbor view.

2km+ is walkable, shops will close earlier of course, depends on the day.

Also check Paradise Point.

We love the pizza (and subs) at Island Time in Red Hook, followed by a few drinks at Duffy’s Love Shack! 😉

Edited by blue_water

• 2 weeks later...

I have done St Thomas on a land-based trip, and I can attest to cruise passengers missing the ship because they were having so much fun drinking and partying.  Have a designated clock watcher in your group!!

One night, I was allowed to participate in a locals' party boat.  The rasta music was amazing (two live bands competing), the rum and tequila was flowing (some of which I provided as part of my admission bribe to get into the party), and the locals were having a great time (including teasing me!).  My hotel was just across the street from where the boat was docked, and somehow I found myself back in my room the next morning.  I would NOT have been able to make it back to a cruise ship that night without a designated driver.  

Duffy’s can be an “interesting” night for sure…Between the fishbowl cocktails and sing-alongs, you will probably want to return. We usually stay at the Sapphire Beach Marina Resort and Red Hook is a great spot for a bar crawl, ending at Duffy’s. We really miss Latitude 18, but recommend Island Time for pizza or their meatball parm first! 😉