Just received new policy for international re-entry

Deseo1578

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We’re reaching out to update you on debark testing options for our international guests.

For sailings departing on or after January 5th, 2022, all international guests who require a re-entry test to return home can do so at the terminal via our testing partner. This is a fast and convenient "swab & go" option, with both Antigen and PCR available and test results in about 30-45 minutes, as you prepare to travel home. 

If you are sailing between January 5th through January 31st:

While we transition from onboard testing to our new terminal testing partner, we will cover the cost of this test for our international guests on sailings through January 31st, 2022. Once you debark, our vendors outside will be waiting to provide you with either a PCR or antigen test based on your home country’s testing requirement. You may also test at other locations outside the terminal, such as at the airport or a local pharmacy – the arrangement and cost for tests outside the terminal will be the guest’s expense and responsibility.

Guests sailing February 1st and beyond:

Starting on February 1st, 2022, guests who require a re-entry test to travel back home will be responsible for the cost of testing. The cost of testing in the terminal varies by port and test, starting at $105 per antigen test and $210 per PCR test. You can also take advantage of other testing options, like airport testing or testing at a local pharmacy. The arrangement and cost of these tests are the guest’s responsibility and should be paid directly to the test provider.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We hope you have a wonderful holiday season and look forward to having you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

My question is, if my sailing starts on JAN 30 do this apply to me? or because my desembarking is FEB 6 I have to pay for my tests?

10 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

My question is, if my sailing starts on JAN 30 do this apply to me? or because my desembarking is FEB 6 I have to pay for my tests?

Even if offered free from RCI, I would have a backup plan. 

6 hours ago, Deseo1578 said:
Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We’re reaching out to update you on debark testing options for our international guests.

For sailings departing on or after January 5th, 2022, all international guests who require a re-entry test to return home can do so at the terminal via our testing partner. This is a fast and convenient "swab & go" option, with both Antigen and PCR available and test results in about 30-45 minutes, as you prepare to travel home. 

If you are sailing between January 5th through January 31st:

While we transition from onboard testing to our new terminal testing partner, we will cover the cost of this test for our international guests on sailings through January 31st, 2022. Once you debark, our vendors outside will be waiting to provide you with either a PCR or antigen test based on your home country’s testing requirement. You may also test at other locations outside the terminal, such as at the airport or a local pharmacy – the arrangement and cost for tests outside the terminal will be the guest’s expense and responsibility.

Guests sailing February 1st and beyond:

Starting on February 1st, 2022, guests who require a re-entry test to travel back home will be responsible for the cost of testing. The cost of testing in the terminal varies by port and test, starting at $105 per antigen test and $210 per PCR test. You can also take advantage of other testing options, like airport testing or testing at a local pharmacy. The arrangement and cost of these tests are the guest’s responsibility and should be paid directly to the test provider.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We hope you have a wonderful holiday season and look forward to having you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

The policy says if you are sailing by - not disembarking by.  It applies to the start date.

4 hours ago, rance said:

This is disappointing to hear. When we booked our cruise it was included and testing was done on board. This just added $1200 to our cruise.

If we cancel we will be out the $1500 deposit...arg

You could get a FCC and use it when testing is cheaper or no longer required.

7 hours ago, rance said:

This is disappointing to hear. When we booked our cruise it was included and testing was done on board. This just added $1200 to our cruise.

If we cancel we will be out the $1500 deposit...arg

When is your cruise? If it's before the end of May, can't you cancel under CWC? And if it's after the end of May there's not much point in worrying about it right now as there's every chance things will have changed again by that time.