testing requirement

sharon&family

I am looking at walgreens website to sign up for our tests before our cruise.  Our cruise is on January 9th so we plan to test on the morning of the 7th (is that correct?)  Walgreens offers a Rapid Antigen Test called Binax now with a result time of 1 hour.  Is this test acceptable for Carnival?

3 hours ago, sharon&family said:

I am looking at walgreens website to sign up for our tests before our cruise.  Our cruise is on January 9th so we plan to test on the morning of the 7th (is that correct?)  Walgreens offers a Rapid Antigen Test called Binax now with a result time of 1 hour.  Is this test acceptable for Carnival?

There is a specific thread for these questions but it has tons and tons of “stuff” to read through. (The one hour - I do not believe so.) We did the IDNOW24hour at Walgreens, got results in two hours, acceptable.

• Like 1

Yes, the rapid antigen test, where you get results in about 15 minutes, is accepted. On Carnival's website under the protocols there is a list of all the tests Carnival will accept. I printed a copy of this and took it with me when I went to get tested before my cruise this past October. I showed it to the tech giving me the test to confirm it was on the list! Not taking any chances.

• Like 1

Incidentally, the Walgreens IDNOW test is officially 24 hours for results, but I've never had it take nearly that long. Between my wife and I we've taken it 5 times. Four times we were emailed our results in 30 to 60 minutes. One time it took about 3 hours.

In my experience it's pretty quick, though it could be that varies by location.

14 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Incidentally, the Walgreens IDNOW test is officially 24 hours for results, but I've never had it take nearly that long. Between my wife and I we've taken it 5 times. Four times we were emailed our results in 30 to 60 minutes. One time it took about 3 hours.

In my experience it's pretty quick, though it could be that varies by location.

Everyone in my family had it in under just one hour.  My brother in law who took the test in the Pittsburgh PA area took just under 24 hours.  Which was 23 hours of sweating it out wondering why it was taking so long. 

• Like 1

I made a mistake.  Its not walgreens but CVS.  It is the rapid antigen test.  It states on their website that it is not acceptable for a lot of travel.  I booked it because it says rapid antigen and Carnivals site says a rapid antigen test is acceptable.  Has anyone gotten this test at CVS?  Should I be worried?  It is not the PCR or NAAT.

1 hour ago, sharon&family said:

I made a mistake.  Its not walgreens but CVS.  It is the rapid antigen test.  It states on their website that it is not acceptable for a lot of travel.  I booked it because it says rapid antigen and Carnivals site says a rapid antigen test is acceptable.  Has anyone gotten this test at CVS?  Should I be worried?  It is not the PCR or NAAT.

I've booked the same test for my family as we are traveling on 1/8 on Mardi Gras (testing on 1/6). This test is fine per the Carnival website. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 6:46 PM, sharon&family said:

yes it is accepted.  i used it in september