What is the cancellation policy right now?

We are booked to cruise in February, our final payment was still the 90 days, but since we’ve paid Royal moved final payment through March to 30 days. We are seriously considering cancelling/rescheduling our booked cruise. 

If we decide to cancel can we get our money back or will we have to receive FCC? 

• Like 2

I am pretty sure if you cancel now you will get a fcc or if you have a future cruise you want to book you can transfer your funds without having to wait for issuance of a fcc

If wait until closer to your sailing and they release updated protocols you may be able to cancel and get full refund.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CaribbeanLover22 said:

We are booked to cruise in February, our final payment was still the 90 days, but since we’ve paid Royal moved final payment through March to 30 days. We are seriously considering cancelling/rescheduling our booked cruise. 

If we decide to cancel can we get our money back or will we have to receive FCC? 

Cancel for full refund if you booked a Refundable deposit.

• Like 1

One person on our April cruise reported that she was able to get her final payment credited back to her after Royal Caribbean changed from 90-day final payment to 30-day final payment. She wouldn't had paid so early had she known she didn't have to. Royal Caribbean issued a credit, and she will re-pay it in a month or so if she wants to board.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MightyMike said:

One person on our April cruise reported that she was able to get her final payment credited back to her after Royal Caribbean changed from 90-day final payment to 30-day final payment. She wouldn't had paid so early had she known she didn't have to. Royal Caribbean issued a credit, and she will re-pay it in a month or so if she wants to board.

Interesting as she must have paid it like Real Early, before 90 Day was Due...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CaribbeanLover22 said:

We had the exact same scenario a couple of months back.  We had a B2B on SY over Christmas + NY for which we had paid in full; then they changed the final payment date.  We requested, and received a full cash refund for those plus 8 other cruises that we cancelled at the same time (sail dates from 11-21 through 3-22).  Things are constantly in flux so I cannot guarantee that they have not changed the policy but as of November, you could get a full cash refund - even if your cruise was a L&S and/or paid for with FCC's (both of those situations applied in our case).  To my knowledge, the cash refund policy is not in writing ANYwhere on Royal's website.  We got this information via our TA.  It is not easy to do....you have to push and push and we had a VERY good TA that took care of this for us.  All I can do is wish you luck.  Be sure and cite "COVID protocols" as your reason for cancelling and demanding a cash refund.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mandaleigh said:

So how does this apply if the cruise was booked with a nonrefundable deposit?  Does the Flexibility when you need it still apply?

We paid our final fir february cruise before they changed to 30 days. We cancelled and got  our entire fare refunded to our credit card (within 48 hours) except for our original deposit went to an FCC.  We did not book a refundable deposit. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

We paid our final fir february cruise before they changed to 30 days. We cancelled and got  our entire fare refunded to our credit card (within 48 hours) except for our original deposit went to an FCC.  We did not book a refundable deposit. 

That's very interesting.  I hadn't heard of this outcome before.  Wonder why they gave you back everything except for the deposit ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

That's very interesting.  I hadn't heard of this outcome before.  Wonder why they gave you back everything except for the deposit ?

Because they were outside of final payment (the final payment date changed after they’d already paid). 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 9:05 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I am pretty sure if you cancel now you will get a fcc or if you have a future cruise you want to book you can transfer your funds without having to wait for issuance of a fcc

If wait until closer to your sailing and they release updated protocols you may be able to cancel and get full refund.

February protocols are out already.  

On 12/26/2021 at 7:14 PM, CaribbeanLover22 said:

Yup, we may also cancel if the protocols are not more relaxed in time for our March cruise.  I certainly don't want to pay someone to make me feel uncomfortable.

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes but they can update them between now and February.  Just like they did the other week for current sailings.

Yes but a request for a cancellation and refund can be made on what they’ve already put out.  No need to wait for further changes.

On 12/27/2021 at 12:07 AM, RoyalC said:

Cancel for full refund if you booked a Refundable deposit.

That's not true. If the reason you cancel is health or testing protocols (or of you or someone in your party gets sick), they will issue full refund regardless of refundability. Refundable status only matter for all other reasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldflame said:

That's not true. If the reason you cancel is health or testing protocols (or of you or someone in your party gets sick), they will issue full refund regardless of refundability. Refundable status only matter for all other reasons.

It is true. Never mentioned NFD because OP asked and did not mention status of their deposit. This was an easy answer- cancel for any reason if refundable within 30 days. Of course you can cancel for other reasons too and get it all back. I plan to do the same actually. Pretty sure i can pull a positive pcr within 14 days if I have to.

16 hours ago, RoyalC said:

It is true. Never mentioned NFD because OP asked and did not mention status of their deposit. This was an easy answer- cancel for any reason if refundable within 30 days. Of course you can cancel for other reasons too and get it all back. I plan to do the same actually. Pretty sure i can pull a positive pcr within 14 days if I have to.

My sister and I (different reservations) called and got our refunds processing due to inability to meet the new health and testing protocols for our sailing on time. If you have any email from them regarding changes in testing or health protocols for your sailing that gives you a legitimate exit, should you choose to sit this out until COVID situation stabilizes.