The Daily for Monday 12/27/2021

richwmn

Sunset off Bridgetown Barbados earlier this evening.

211227Sunset.thumb.png.1f81baa420a54db36553559207e7a3c6.png

The entertainment on the World Stage was very good tonight, but maybe a bit unusual. When the show was announced the Entertainment Director, or whatever they are called now, made it seem like something put together because a couple of the Step One Dancers were unable to perform. So the pianists from Billboard put on a very good show with 4 of the dancers and one of the singers from B. B. King. However, with the graphics being shown on the big screens it is hard to believe they just threw it together. Again, it was very good and the best so far.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good, well, almost evening, all! I’m really late to,the party today. We left the Okanagan shortly after sunrise and drove home to Chilliwack. The winter storm is over, and the snow has stopped. In its place, it was VERY cold. We woke up to -28 outside. There was a lot of ice fog on the lake yesterday.

C536C066-0499-4AEA-B038-88FB5A857F91.thumb.jpeg.82161b8f37b6c73c70964acd9a816d4e.jpeg

This morning, the ice fog was much thicker. Then, as the sun rose, the ice fog passing over the deeper part of the lake started forming tall, spiralling twisters. Like dust devils, only made of ice crystals. I’ve never seen that before. I didn’t even know those were a thing. Or maybe they only exist in 2021.🤔

A79B6019-842E-4E40-807C-8A3C734BA1E9.thumb.jpeg.730bacd637c63b9de56fd64bcda2bbfd.jpeg

298BD597-F652-402E-84D3-1CF63BF28B88.thumb.jpeg.dd26dbd7fd786b5e6decd3412852cf5e.jpeg

4E609047-5953-4D87-B18E-1937BE4E72D8.thumb.jpeg.3226fca560db78e08795f60a9646a08e.jpeg

And reminders of the winter storm that came through the pass ahead of us.

7BC56ED9-4A68-4871-84F8-A0333223D00D.thumb.jpeg.aac502d9fe2694756aea7a674b807fd2.jpeg

Anyway, I just HAD to share that! And now we are safely home, despite Arctic outflows and ice twisters.

Happy Monday. Have you ever seen an ice twister from a BHB?
971D3338-66F8-45A5-B74F-E8FAB4A93548.thumb.jpeg.f4def668d5b3b4ba534c4ad4b56e3575.jpeg

We're learning all kinds of new words this year, aren't we?  The ice fog made it onto the Victoria news this evening, but not the ice twisters!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, richwmn said:

The entertainment on the World Stage was very good tonight, but maybe a bit unusual. When the show was announced the Entertainment Director, or whatever they are called now, made it seem like something put together because a couple of the Step One Dancers were unable to perform. So the pianists from Billboard put on a very good show with 4 of the dancers and one of the singers from B. B. King. However, with the graphics being shown on the big screens it is hard to believe they just threw it together. Again, it was very good and the best so far.

On the Eurodam in the Med they did something similar, I think it was the one they called "In Tandem" , I think ours might have had 4 of the singers and dancers, though.  It definitely was improved by having the singer from BB King's.  Somebody had a good idea!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@kazu  Jose is in good hands, the best hands he can be with right now.  Thing is, when you are on your own at home, you are in hold mode.  What will happen if the phone rings while I"m taking a relaxing bath, should i be on the the phone, go to the store, etc., because you are waiting to hear something.  I understand it is frustrating, but you need some you time, and you also need to remember, that if Covid is at the hospital, what would happen if you became ill?  I know it's hard to put it in Gods hands, but you do have to remember, that we are just humans, and all we can do is learn, love and live.  Everything else is His.  Many hugs going your way.

@Horizon chaser 1957  OMG! What fantastic pictures!  We were noticing  leaf devils this morning on the way back from the store, but ice devils, holy heck that is fantastic!  

Speaking of the store, they had no fruit cake, they had no eggnog.  They had no Christmas candy (not that i need it, but it was odd)  And the worst part was there was no cat food.  We have a family of 7 fur babies, and they will be out by Wednesday.  None of our stores have had cat food for over two weeks.  I think i will check out the Walmart in the neighborhood that is over run with pit bulls, maybe there will be cat food there.  Wish me luck, because i cant feed them tuna for a week.  Maybe a chicken.  But where is all the cat food?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

On the Eurodam in the Med they did something similar, I think it was the one they called "In Tandem" , I think ours might have had 4 of the singers and dancers, though.  It definitely was improved by having the singer from BB King's.  Somebody had a good idea!

Yes, I really enjoyed that show!  Sounds like it's become a regular show across the fleet.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Rich, that is a regular show by the dancers with the other entertainers added.  With two dancers missing, I think she meant they restaged the show it wouldn’t look like there were “holes”.

Lenda

• Like 5

As far as zoos go, I visit the National Zoo every day - at least their Conservation Institute - where Rosalie the cheetah has 5 cubs.  They move about, but tonight they are in den 1 which has a webcam.  She is a very good mother, and it is unusual to see 5 cubs.

https://nationalzoo.si.edu/webcams/cheetah-cub-cam

1641833319_ScreenShot2021-12-27at10_31_13PM.thumb.jpeg.19dfad9a32b1cf7abdf777707fece706.jpeg
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, marshhawk said:

None of our stores have had cat food for over two weeks.  I think i will check out the Walmart in the neighborhood that is over run with pit bulls, maybe there will be cat food there.  Wish me luck, because i cant feed them tuna for a week.  Maybe a chicken.  But where is all the cat food?

Oh dear Ann, that’s not good at all.  Pet supplies are one of the things they warned that could get low 😔 I am securing prescription cat food for a friend out west who can’t get it for hers.

I would do the same for you but it would be too late by the time it got there.  

A suggestion - let your fingers doe the walking on line - try PetValu, PetSmart & Global Pet Foods.

You can even order on line and have same or next day delivery with most of them. (You can tell my fingers have been doing the walking for my dogs, can’t you?). Edited to say,  I checked PetSmart and your address is eligible for same day delivery & they do have cat food in stock👍 So you most likely are ok for delivery  for the other 2 stores as well if they are in your area, 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Speaking of the store, they had no fruit cake, they had no eggnog.  They had no Christmas candy (not that i need it, but it was odd)  And the worst part was there was no cat food.  We have a family of 7 fur babies, and they will be out by Wednesday.  None of our stores have had cat food for over two weeks.  I think i will check out the Walmart in the neighborhood that is over run with pit bulls, maybe there will be cat food there.  Wish me luck, because i cant feed them tuna for a week.  Maybe a chicken.  But where is all the cat food?

Try chewy.com. They have decent prices and they deliver fast. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Thank you friends for the suggestions of going on line.  I will do another run this afternoon, after that we go on line!

Yikes, I had looked at Vict0riann’s post above and must have not had enough coffee or been too worried to have called you Ann in error.  My sincere apologies 😳 

• Like 1