Live from the Viking Star World Cruise 2021-22

JM0115

1 hour ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 122/152 - Naples, Italy - Pompeii - Lava, ash, gas, prostitutes, and phalluses

Pompeii has been on my bucket list for a very long time.  Your photos are terrific and really give a great context to the city spaces.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GKTV32162 said:

World Cruise Day 123/152 - Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy - All roads lead to Rome

https://kolbsontheroad.blogspot.com/2022/04/world-cruise-day-123152-rome.html

Your photos brought back a lot of great memories for me.  We spent 5 days in Rome many years ago and absolutely loved every second of it.  I hope we can get back there again - so much to see and do.  Thanks for sharing

I love reading travel blogs and yours is one of the best, if not the best I have read. I look forward to reading your posts everyday. You have brought me a lot of joy with your daily recaps. I will be sad when your travels have ended.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 126/152 - Sea Day - five and counting (really seven)

Beautiful birds. I wonder if they’ll be able to speak the new language when they reach Barcelona …

Arlona’s painting skills have really advanced! Wow!

17 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

Would art teacher  do an art show of the passengers works  before the cruise ends?  I love her paintings from the art classes.  

8 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Would art teacher  do an art show of the passengers works  before the cruise ends?  I love her paintings from the art classes.  

Previous instructors have done shows of the passenger's art.  We'll see if that happens again.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

Will you be continuing your blog here on the WC thread for the Homelands portion.  Interested in that itinerary for the future.

20 minutes ago, GKTV32162 said:

It is always listed in the Viking Daily, and most likely this is unique to the World Cruise.  We have a lot of things on this 4.5 month journey that are not done on regular cruises.

Not true—on our recent TA on the Sea, there was a watercolor painting class, and needlepoint for animals from the Bayeux tapestry.

Edited by LindaS272
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

Not true—on our recent TA on the Sea, there was a watercolor painting class, and needlepoint for animals from the Bayeux tapestry.

Excellent - at least on this cruise, the classes are held in The Restaurant, port side.

4 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 127/152 - Barcelona, Spain - Gaudi, Waffles, and Diana

Wow y’all covered a lot of ground in one morning! I agree with you about the excursion descriptions-we had similar issues in China where moderate was really easy and where it was really tough. On our one river cruise, they had specific tours for those with mobility issues. The four of us traveling were all between 42 and 52 and therefore some of the youngest onboard.  There was one lady of our age who was traveling with her elderly mother who used a cane. After the first day and her Mom had met another similarly abled lady, the Mom started going on the easier tours and the daughter joined us. At several locations, we would run into Mom. They were basically doing the same tour except rather than walking from highlight to highlight, they were bused and then has a visit to the highlight.   I thought it was perfect and hoped it would be available when I need it, which now 10-12 years later is getting closer and closer! 

Regarding your concern about the name that perhaps should be changed…it sounds pretty perfect to me!😂

C4D50734-6EEA-45A2-87B6-5664B3105192.jpeg

• Like 1