Formal wear for children

Cruzbw

Regarding the dress code for formal night, what is expected for an 11 year old boy?  My style is that I never want to be underdressed according to tradition.  My grandson has plenty of nice polo shirts and slacks, but nothing more dressy than that.  If he wears a long sleeve dress shirt without tie, will he fit in with the crowd of 11 yo's?

You will see adult males dressed similar to what the OP is asking about her grandson on formal nights.  Ties are going by the wayside any more even with men in suits.  Young children (sub-teen) have always had a pass on formal nights.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He will be fine in what you describe.  Even many adults will choose to dress that way on formal night. The days of being to rent a tux and have it waiting in your cabin when you board are gone and with them, the days of seeing children and teens in tuxedos. Today, I believe only those who own a tuxedo ever choose to wear one on formal night.

• Haha 1