Ice Pack

jcool

I have brought both kinds onboard.  My steward would give me plastic bags of ice if needed.   If flying in the instant icepacks may have to be put in checked baggage if they exceed the TSA rules (3 oz).  Otherwise, I have never had any problems getting them on a ship.  Remember - the fridges on the ships are not the greatest....

On 12/30/2021 at 6:10 AM, pe4all said:

If flying in the instant icepacks may have to be put in checked baggage if they exceed the TSA rules (3 oz).

When Flying, if in Carry-On luggage the Ice Packs have to be frozen Solid - Else the normal liquid rules apply- more details in the TSA site

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/gel-ice-packs

Gel Ice Packs

Carry On Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
Checked Bags: Yes

Frozen liquid items are allowed through the checkpoint as long as they are frozen solid when presented for screening. If frozen liquid items are partially melted, slushy, or have any liquid at the bottom of the container, they must meet 3-1-1 liquids requirements.

Note that medically necessary gel ice packs in reasonable quantities are allowed regardless of their physical state of matter (e.g., melted or slushy). Please notify the TSA officer at the checkpoint for inspection.

I always cruise with two gel icepacks and a neoprene band to strap the ice around my ankle. I also bring a leakproof soft cooler. I ask the room steward to keep the cooler filled with ice and I keep my icepacks in rhe cooler when I am not using them. They are not as cold as in the freezer at home, so each treatment is of shorter duration, but I still find them useful to have along. All my icing gear goes in my checked luggage when I fly.