Emed issues with IOS 15.2

MustangGT

We were all set to take our tests two days ago but kept getting an error message when it was setting up.

I remembered another thread (can’t find it now) that there was a known issue if using an iPad with the latest IOS update.  Luckily our phones were still at an earlier version and they worked.

So, if you have a problem with the test on your iPad, check your iOS version.

Thankfully, we are both negative and boarded the Regal today!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for posting this.  I read that thread also and was concerned about updating my phone.  Just got off the Tuby and had no problems with old version.  Next is the grand in February, pretty sure my phone will quit working on me if I don’t update lol!  Will definitely be following this thread!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I thought the other thread said that they were "working" on the issue and it would be fixed in 24 hours.  Hmmmm....sounds familiar.

I know but that was before I boarded the Ruby Princess on Dec 17.  Just ordered 6 more kits. Even if they expire Feb 2, I’m ok as next (hopefully) cruise is Feb 3 and we can test Feb 1.

Especially after what we just went through to get home from San Francisco,this is my Nbr 1 choice.

Bigger fear now is that they will start requiring pcr tests and won’t accept antigen.

argggh!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I thought the other thread said that they were "working" on the issue and it would be fixed in 24 hours.  Hmmmm....sounds familiar.

I guess there is a difference between “working on it” and resolving the issue.  Just happy we found a work around!

Edited by MustangGT
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, sprinkles said:

I know but that was before I boarded the Ruby Princess on Dec 17.  Just ordered 6 more kits. Even if they expire Feb 2, I’m ok as next (hopefully) cruise is Feb 3 and we can test Feb 1.

Especially after what we just went through to get home from San Francisco,this is my Nbr 1 choice.

Bigger fear now is that they will start requiring pcr tests and won’t accept antigen.

argggh!

The Embassy in the Bahamas just alerted that they won’t accept tje eapid antigen after Jan 7th.  Only a PCR type

test.

10 minutes ago,  CineGraphic said: 

Most of the staff at Princess Cays comes from the ship...as does all of the food & beverages served,  so I don't foresee any problems.

Just got this message from State Dept

Embassy alerts….

Quote:

Message for U.S. Citizens:  The Bahamas -  Entry Requirements Update (December 30, 2021)

In response to rising COVID-19 case numbers worldwide and in The Bahamas, the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism has implemented new testing requirements for all travelers entering The Bahamas.

Effective Friday, January 7, 2022, all travelers to The Bahamas over the age of 2, whether fully vaccinated or unvaccinated, will be required to obtain anegative RT-PCR (including PCR, NAA, NAAT, TMA or RNA) test, taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.  Rapid Antigen Tests will no longer be accepted.  

unquote

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MustangGT said:

We were all set to take our tests two days ago but kept getting an error message when it was setting up.

I remembered another thread (can’t find it now) that there was a known issue if using an iPad with the latest IOS update.  Luckily our phones were still at an earlier version and they worked.

You say IOS 15.2 on a ipad?  What about on the iphone?  I have IOS 15.2 on my iphone.  My only choice at our hotel.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 7:34 PM, MustangGT said:

I was the one that posted about the problem and the site still wasn’t working as of two days ago.  eMed never called us back like they told us they would on December 16th.  They sent me an email the day after we returned home from our cruise and told me to try it again.  I let them know that we were home from our cruise already but I tried it on two different days and it still didn’t work.  I called Optum this morning and they will be refunding me the money that I spent on the test kits.  eMed also told my friend that they would call her in 3 to 5 hours on December 16th but they also never returned my friends call.

OP, I’m happy that everything worked out with you!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

You say IOS 15.2 on a ipad?  What about on the iphone?  I have IOS 15.2 on my iphone.  My only choice at our hotel.

It would not work on my iPad or my iPhone that had both been updated.  It also did not work when my friend used a Fire tablet.  I would find a back-up!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MustangGT said:

I guess there is a difference between “working on it” and resolving the issue.  Just happy we found a work around!

I’m super happy that it worked for you but that’s really not a workaround. Anybody that’s updated is going to have problems. It cost me $129 to get tested in time.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I just noticed that you posted this 18 hours ago so I’m wondering if you tried yet?  I hope everything worked well for you.  

Not yet.  Seems as though

their are a lot of roadblocks these days.

I’m making an appmt at a local CVS and if that doesn’t work…try my PC.

Thank you again gor the heads up!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not yet.  Seems as though

their are a lot of roadblocks these days.

I’m making an appmt at a local CVS and if that doesn’t work…try my PC.

Thank you again gor the heads up!

You’re welcome!  Just think how wonderful it will be once you are on the ship. I wish I was still there!  Keep us posted.

Thanks for the answers I just got off the Ruby I week ago.  Just stopped rocking, tried once to stop updates. Just got 6 new kits from emed.  iPhone is pretty much demanding it, if I can just hold it off until Feb 3!

does anybody happen to have the link for checking emed test kit expiration dates, I know it’s here somewhere but I am exhausted

thanks, Tammy

43 minutes ago, sprinkles said:

Thanks for the answers I just got off the Ruby I week ago.  Just stopped rocking, tried once to stop updates. Just got 6 new kits from emed.  iPhone is pretty much demanding it, if I can just hold it off until Feb 3!

does anybody happen to have the link for checking emed test kit expiration dates, I know it’s here somewhere but I am exhausted

thanks, Tammy

If you have the kits, it’s on the box, it shows the manufacturing date, which has been Dec 2021 and exp date of Nov 6, 2022, for all of mine and everyone that I’ve seen posted recently.  

You’re supposed to come back new, not exhausted!  🤣

On 1/3/2022 at 2:42 AM, PacnGoNow said:

If you have the kits, it’s on the box, it shows the manufacturing date, which has been Dec 2021 and exp date of Nov 6, 2022, for all of mine and everyone that I’ve seen posted recently.  

You’re supposed to come back new, not exhausted!  🤣

Who hoo THANK YOU are correct!  Covers me for the next two cruises hip hip hurray.  Now fingers crossed they don’t require PCR , lol

• Haha 1

We just took the home test yesterday. We have iPhones. My husband hadn’t updated to the latest version  yet so he tried to use his phone.  He has 15.1.1. So it’s not just 15.2. He was unable to use it. I’m so glad we knew about the issue before hand. 

7 minutes ago, palolake said:

We just took the home test yesterday. We have iPhones. My husband hadn’t updated to the latest version  yet so he tried to use his phone.  He has 15.1.1. So it’s not just 15.2. He was unable to use it. I’m so glad we knew about the issue before hand. 

Well, that isn’t good.  Did you try yours?

Need a backup for a backup! Uggg

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Well, that isn’t good.  Did you try yours?

Need a backup for a backup! Uggg

No, I didn’t try because I have 15.2. And then I found out that the camera has to be pointed at the test the entire 15 minutes. So I figured that would be easier anyway just to lean the screen down on our laptop. But it stinks that they aren’t letting people know!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, palolake said:

No, I didn’t try because I have 15.2. And then I found out that the camera has to be pointed at the test the entire 15 minutes. So I figured that would be easier anyway just to lean the screen down on our laptop. But it stinks that they aren’t letting people know!

Yes agreed!  I don’t understand why there are only a few on here that have reported issues.  I wonder if it is a particular phone type involved?  Did you call emed and report it?  Apply for a refund?

This is a big issue, because it’s my backup. 

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes agreed!  I don’t understand why there are only a few on here that have reported issues.  I wonder if it is a particular phone type involved?  Did you call emed and report it?  Apply for a refund?

This is a big issue, because it’s my backup. 

No I didn’t report it because it has already been reported to them. And we were able to use our laptop. We have an iPhone 13 promax. It doesn’t sound like it’s the phone, it’s the operating system.

18 minutes ago, palolake said:

No I didn’t report it because it has already been reported to them. And we were able to use our laptop. We have an iPhone 13 promax. It doesn’t sound like it’s the phone, it’s the operating system.

Some say it has something to do with the update with the camera?  Who knows…