Emed issues with IOS 15.2

MustangGT

Hello, I’m the person that started the other thread a few weeks ago regarding this issue. It sounds like anything that was upgraded past IOS 14 whatever, is no longer working.

And it’s not just that operating system! My friend tried with a fire tablet a few weeks ago when this first started happening and that also would not work.

I called Optum to get a refund on my test kits more than a week ago. I was told I would receive an email and my refund. Neither thing ever happened, no email, no refund. I called yesterday and was told that my request for refund was declined because “A technical Issue” is not a covered reason. I was totally all… Oh. heck. No.!  I asked him how you can sell a product and then when a customer is not able to use it as intended not get a refund? I asked for a supervisor and waited for one. I was then told that I was told that an error.  I was told that I would receive my refund. We will see.

in addition to having to pay $129 to get tested , this is way too much stress!   Everyone needs to send an email to Princess to let them know what is happening. I told someone at customer service yesterday.

I hope people continue to report on this thread or my thread to let us know what is happening. I have two more cruises coming up and I do not want the stress that I had a few weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Hello, I’m the person that started the other thread a few weeks ago regarding this issue. It sounds like anything that was upgraded past IOS 14 whatever, is no longer working.

And it’s not just that operating system! My friend tried with a fire tablet a few weeks ago when this first started happening and that also would not work.

I called Optum to get a refund on my test kits more than a week ago. I was told I would receive an email and my refund. Neither thing ever happened, no email, no refund. I called yesterday and was told that my request for refund was declined because “A technical Issue” is not a covered reason. I was totally all… Oh. heck. No.!  I asked him how you can sell a product and then when a customer is not able to use it as intended not get a refund? I asked for a supervisor and waited for one. I was then told that I was told that an error.  I was told that I would receive my refund. We will see.

in addition to having to pay $129 to get tested , this is way too much stress!   Everyone needs to send an email to Princess to let them know what is happening. I told someone at customer service yesterday.

I hope people continue to report on this thread or my thread to let us know what is happening. I have two more cruises coming up and I do not want the stress that I had a few weeks ago.

Yes, I remember you and thank goodness you started this thread!!!

I’m pretty upset too…it was going to be my primary test, now it’s a backup!

Not a reliable backup.  Stressful enough.

Did they say when it will be fixed?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, I remember you and thank goodness you started this thread!!!

I’m pretty upset too…it was going to be my primary test, now it’s a backup!

Not a reliable backup.  Stressful enough.

Did they say when it will be fixed?  

Optum is the place where we order the test from and they have no idea. EMed is the site where we take the test and they are no help whatsoever. They sent me the email after I returned home from my cruise telling me to try it again and it should work. EMed never returned my call as promised (or my friends).  They told my friend on December 16th that they would call her in 3 to 5 hours… STILL WAITING FOR THE CALL.  I tried it again just for the heck of it and it did not work (sometime around Christmas).  I hope someone that is using iOS lets us know if it is working.  Good luck and enjoy your cruise! We had a great time!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

We have completed 12 tests thru Emed with navica accounts for results.  Most on iphones, with some on an old GP desktop.  IPhones running 15.2.  Every test worked fine. Ymmv, apparently.

That’s encouraging.

7 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

We have completed 12 tests thru Emed with navica accounts for results.  Most on iphones, with some on an old GP desktop.  IPhones running 15.2.  Every test worked fine. Ymmv, apparently.

When was the last time you completed a test?  Hopefully it has been fixed. 

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

All the eMed issues only with iphones and tablets?  Using a laptop (Apple) doable?  

If anyone has gad success...please share your story.

It would not work with my iPhone or my iPad. It also would not work with my friends Fire tablet.  I’m hoping it has been fixed.

On 1/3/2022 at 4:42 AM, PacnGoNow said:

You’re supposed to come back new, not exhausted!  🤣

And you should not have to start the vacation with all the stress of uncertainty about getting the Covid test performed.

Among the many problems reported:

a) smart device software that does not work

b) mail order kits that are incomplete, but this cannot be learned until opening the package when connected to the online observer

c) appointments at test sites being cancelled by the provider at the last minute

d) results from providers not coming back in a timely basis

In addition, being tested Covid-free two days before boarding does not mean you (or anyone else) does not have detectable Covid on embarkation day.

Princess continues to resist the option that would take the stress and worry out of this for all passengers, namely providing for everyone a free or low cost quick antigen test at the port before checking in for the cruise.

Of course those who are worried about traveling to the port and then having a positive test there could test at home before starting travel with an unsupervised test kit to know if they have detectable levels of the virus before getting to the port where the embarkation day testing would be done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

When was the last time you completed a test?  Hopefully it has been fixed. 

It would not work with my iPhone or my iPad. It also would not work with my friends Fire tablet.  I’m hoping it has been fixed.

Most recent was yesterday morning.  Another two weeks ago, and another about 4 weeks ago.  All of those were done on iPhones at the emed site.

3 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Most recent was yesterday morning.  Another two weeks ago, and another about 4 weeks ago.  All of those were done on iPhones at the emed site.

I had problems from 12/16/21 - approximately 12/25/21.  I have IOS 15.1 on my iPhone and my iPad.