Healthcare Heroes Booking Deadline EXTENDED

Morgsmom

When I checked this morning the deadline to book was still "today" 12/31/2021.  As of now it has been extended to 3/31/2022!!!

For all of you who are eligible and were in a quandary about what to do about upcoming sailings this is fabulous news.

image.thumb.png.547e137601f12f3dc0d475746ce2a210.png

Definitely a few potentially good changes. It sounds like it could be used outside the Caribbean now:

Terms & Conditions:

• Up to 50% off cruises departing on or before December 31, 2022 (excluding World Cruise)
  • Valid for all new bookings made from Aug 31, 2020 - Mar 31, 2022

3 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

Definitely a few potentially good changes. It sounds like it could be used outside the Caribbean now:

Terms & Conditions:

• Up to 50% off cruises departing on or before December 31, 2022 (excluding World Cruise)
  • Valid for all new bookings made from Aug 31, 2020 - Mar 31, 2022

Oh, wow.  I was wondering about that (Using outside of the Caribbean now).  Good to know.  However when I called MSC yesterday the rep was unaware (go figure) that the dates had been changed.  He had to Instant Msg a supervisor to find out.  They really do a very poor job communicating with their agents.  I feel bad for them.

22 hours ago, DFMW said:

Does anyone have a list of cruises eligible for this discount?

MSC employees supposedly should have access to a spreadsheet with all eligible sailings and their current discount level.  I'm running about 25% success finding an employee that knows about this or knows where to find it.  I don't know if travel agents have access to this - I have had no luck finding one that can do more than quote a specific cruise.  

4 hours ago, Virga said:

MSC employees supposedly should have access to a spreadsheet with all eligible sailings and their current discount level.  I'm running about 25% success finding an employee that knows about this or knows where to find it.  I don't know if travel agents have access to this - I have had no luck finding one that can do more than quote a specific cruise.  

My experience also, in the UK.

I am part of a group booking in March including healthcare workers.  My SIL got 30%.  When my daughter booked and applied she got less.  I can not remember the discount.  When my daughter found out she quickly called and got upgraded to the 30%.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, heidikay said:

I am part of a group booking in March including healthcare workers.  My SIL got 30%.  When my daughter booked and applied she got less.  I can not remember the discount.  When my daughter found out she quickly called and got upgraded to the 30%.  

Just to note that on any sailing the Healthcare Heroes discounts are capacity controlled by sailing, so there may be some 50% off and when that allocation is used up, then it might go to 40% or 30%.  I wish it was more transparent - would make things much easier for both the public as well as the agents.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Just to note that on any sailing the Healthcare Heroes discounts are capacity controlled by sailing, so there may be some 50% off and when that allocation is used up, then it might go to 40% or 30%.  I wish it was more transparent - would make things much easier for both the public as well as the agents.

You are exactly right. When I booked Magnifica for the 28th December sailing (which unfortunately was subsequently cancelled), I was advised by the agent that as the cruise was almost full, she could not apply any Healthcare discount.