January & February 2022 Cruisers

TNcruising02

We are scheduled out of NY on the Gem on January 9th. Still planning on going, a group of eleven. Hoping for the best, what else can I say. This cruise is already the third FCC from two previously cancelled. Third time a charm? :)

• Like 1

We will be going on the Escape Feb.5th, flight all set , hotel the day before cruise all set, along as ship sails we will be going,this is our third attempt to get our 50th wedding anniversary cruise in.now it is 51years plus 3 months, we are going!!!!

• Like 3

I'm at a loss now. Was not going to cancel my 1/9 cruise as I did not want to have my money held hostage in FCC. Just got word that the first leg of my flight is cancelled. Hold time for United over 2 hours. I just can't. I feel like all the joy has been sucked out of this trip. 

8 minutes ago, flying fingers said:

I'm at a loss now. Was not going to cancel my 1/9 cruise as I did not want to have my money held hostage in FCC. Just got word that the first leg of my flight is cancelled. Hold time for United over 2 hours. I just can't. I feel like all the joy has been sucked out of this trip. 

Wow.  I guess it's better to find out now than the day of travel.  I hope they can get you on another flight.  That is very stressful.  If our flight gets cancelled, we have to make a 13 hour drive.  It's the day before the cruise, so we can do it if we have to.  But for people who live too far away, that could really be devastating.

Edited by TNcruising02

We just cancelled Breakaway Jan. 9-16.  We were looking forward to a family vacation with my wife and 2 adult children, with some scuba diving. 

For the trip, the flight cancellations are getting worse, Breakaway entertainment cancelled, so much uncertainties and changes.  If somehow one of us test positive and we're unable to fly back home (need PCR negative) for days, it'll affect my children's work and thesis, etc.  My children don't want to go.

My wife and I hope things will be better for our March 20 Panama b2b cruise.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, flying fingers said:

If I cancel for FCC do I get my money back for taxes and port fees?  What about extras purchased ie premium drink package. 

If you want to cancel, and you want as much of your money back as possible, you would need to call and request things be removed from your account BEFORE you actually cancel the cruise.  However, Taxes and Port Fees will not be refunded and would therefore be part of you FCC.

As for any dining packages, any drink packages, any booked excursions, and if you Pre-Paid your Daily Service Charges, you would need to request that each item be removed BEFORE you state you wish to cancel the cruise! 

NOTE: Cancelling shore excursions requires a call to the Shore Excursion Dept.

Edited by ggTexasGal
correction

8 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

However, Taxes and Port Fees will not be refunded and would therefore be part of you FCC.

I'm not sure that is even legal. NCL is not paying the taxes or the port fees for the itinerary cancelled. I feel like consumers are protected somewhere from this return policy. Any lawyer on here care to chime in?

26 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I'm not sure that is even legal. NCL is not paying the taxes or the port fees for the itinerary cancelled. I feel like consumers are protected somewhere from this return policy. Any lawyer on here care to chime in?

Taxes and Port Fees get rolled into the FCC.

On 12/31/2021 at 12:25 PM, TNcruising02 said:

For people who are cruising in January or February, have you made a decision on going or cancelling?

Our cruise is on the 15th on the Escape and we decided to go for it.  If it gets cancelled, we will choose a refund instead of FCC.  We are meeting family members and have decided to make the best of it.  We do appreciate being given a choice of a full FCC.  

What are you doing?

Well, I have a 14-day coming up on the 21st. For what I paid, it would seem a waste to cancel. When will I ever get to cruise through the Panama 🌚 Canal again, let alone see those MX 🏝️🛸Riviera ports? I have a ziplining thingy in Costa Rica! If many people cancel then the Bliss will be less crowded, and more fun for me. 😁🌈

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SimplyAlbert said:

Just saw that the Pearl has turned back (left on the 3rd) and the rest of the cruise is canceled and that Getaway schedule to depart 1/5 has been canceled as well.

My PCC said that there’s so many crew members sick that there’s not enough to take care of the passengers. How awful!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joyy7403 said:

My PCC said that there’s so many crew members sick that there’s not enough to take care of the passengers. How awful!

The crew aren't necessarily "sick" so let's not make up that rumor.  Many are in quarantine for being close contacts to others who have tested positive. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

The crew aren't necessarily "sick" so let's not make up that rumor.  Many are in quarantine for being close contacts to others who have tested positive. 

If they are sick or quarantined it doesn’t really matter, my mistake. Bottom line is they can’t take care of the passengers & they’re returning back to port, fact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joyy7403 said:

If they are sick or quarantined it doesn’t really matter, my mistake. Bottom line is they can’t take care of the passengers & they’re returning back to port, fact.

You always have some on CC that nit pick.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 12:13 PM, MarkusToe said:

Question on this CVS test.... Is it available for tourists as well, or US guys only? 

I’m from England and was in Florida over Christmas and New Year. Got my preflight return test at CVS drive thru but had to use a friend’s US registered phone to access the website and book the appointment as it blocked me on mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, mssandora said:

With the Getaway and the Pearl now being cancelled, I wonder if more will be following. Waiting to see for a Jan. 6th sailing.

I meant to say January 16. I think this next week or weekend will be telling. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mssandora said:

I meant to say January 16. I think this next week or weekend will be telling. 

Yep. I sat staring at my PC imaging the news of my cruise being cancelled by NCL 🚫🛳️. The CDC has Bliss graded Yellow ☣️

Then I thought about getting all of my money 💰 back (no FCC for me). 🤷🏿‍♂️

I've never felt this uncertain 🐿️😞...

Edited by SireDoime
emojii
  • Like 1

Looks like some ships out now are being rerouted.  Just read Encore is not stopping in St. Thomas & Tortola and going to Nassau & GSC, and Dawn is also being rerouted.

Dh and I talked last night and have decided if the ship is sailing next month we'll be on it.  We're both vaccinated and boosted and will take whatever precautions we can.

• Like 3