Anthem NYE - Live

alexgtp

10 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

Hmmm, emptied Solarium, was that at port??

Also I thought Anthem had a retractable roof 

at the Solarium.

I don't see too many chair hogs on this one.   ;0)

I love that!

nope Q ships are enclosed.  It is the Oasis that has vents and can be a bit breezy.

Oasis on her upgrade even added an outside area in front of Solarium as well.

Also, Radiance class ships that have a retractable, are not using them once the large screens were added.  I do not like this.

2 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

So is it full full with actual bodies or full of “reserved” seats?

On the 12/12 cruise the pools and hot tubs were limited capacity and it was enforced. Is that still the case?

Actual bodies all chairs with ppl in them. Each tier was full with 4-6 ppl.  Outside pool was a FUN party. Everyone having a good time in pool and hot tubs. Lots of dancing and cocktails.

We are having a blast. Even my elderly parents are having the time of their lives.

PXL_20220106_195938679.thumb.jpg.62e4b60bb94a5edc9740a65fda6b7340.jpg

My view right now. From balcony trying to wind down for evening events.

PXL_20220106_210225363.thumb.jpg.acbad85782cccc1820ce28a8b2151f64.jpg

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Can you explain the rope around the pool? Some sort of COVID protocol? 

I think it's so the lifeguards can stop people from entering the pool if it gets too crowded.  Limit the points of ingress.  

That being said, I never had any issues entering the pool a couple of weeks ago when I was on the Christmas week sailing on Anthem.  Apparently we didn't hit pool capacity when I was using them.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2022 at 5:39 PM, DevonfromAcme said:

This your itinerary?

image.png.e5d8012f47f4e5a1ca46385750c78204.png

St. Kitts as I've already said is a total mystery.  They appear to have changed course at least twice in the last ten days regarding what ships they are kicking or not.

According to the current entry requirements for cruise passengers into St. Kitts as of December 30, 2021, fully vaccinated guests must provide proof of a negative PCR or antigen test taken not more than 72 hours before entry into the island nation. The country currently has 643 active cases of COVID, and 24,465 residents are fully vaccinated.

Basseterre, St. Kitts, January 5, 2022 (ZIZ) — The St. Kitts Tourism Authority has announced that the remainder of the week may see some changes to the cruises ships that were scheduled to arrive. ZIZ understands that due to the number of positive cases onboard the vessels some stops have had to be cancelled.

For example on Wednesday Anthem of the Seas
And Carnival Freedom was cancelled due to the number of positive cases.

Meanwhile, Viking Sea berthed at the Deep Water Harbour.

A tourism official said similar cancellations may occur later in the week dependent on advice from the health authorities.

Edited by thewebbys

5 hours ago, thewebbys said:

According to the current entry requirements for cruise passengers into St. Kitts as of December 30, 2021, fully vaccinated guests must provide proof of a negative PCR or antigen test taken not more than 72 hours before entry into the island nation. The country currently has 643 active cases of COVID, and 24,465 residents are fully vaccinated.

Basseterre, St. Kitts, January 5, 2022 (ZIZ) — The St. Kitts Tourism Authority has announced that the remainder of the week may see some changes to the cruises ships that were scheduled to arrive. ZIZ understands that due to the number of positive cases onboard the vessels some stops have had to be cancelled.

For example on Wednesday Anthem of the Seas
And Carnival Freedom was cancelled due to the number of positive cases.

Meanwhile, Viking Sea berthed at the Deep Water Harbour.

A tourism official said similar cancellations may occur later in the week dependent on advice from the health authorities.

If this is the case then virtually no one cruising out of Florida would be able to leave the ship to go onto the island.

We leave on the 9th, hopefully we will be able to get off the ship somewhere.  PR, no, now St KItts, no, we will have an 11 day cruise to nowhere.  I will really be a fat drunk when I get off, lol.  Hopefully they can find some Gilligans Islands around we can stop at, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

930 am solarium chair hogs in full effect.  Pools open at 10am, still not a fan of that decision. Hot Tubs have been opened since we arrived at 8am.

Love this tiered set up. Pool is empty in picture because it is not opened yet.

PXL_20220107_143752893.thumb.jpg.38b627e0741215d9e524f81fc506d01a.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, alexgtp said:

930 am solarium chair hogs in full effect.  Pools open at 10am, still not a fan of that decision. Hot Tubs have been opened since we arrived at 8am.

Love this tiered set up. Pool is empty in picture because it is not opened yet.

PXL_20220107_143752893.thumb.jpg.38b627e0741215d9e524f81fc506d01a.jpg

That explains it,

I thought it was too good to see it that emptied.

Chair hogs never fail, even when the pool is closed,

somehow towels appear out of nowhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richsea said:

Are masks required in the Solarium? The new protocols say masks indoors at all times. Can’t imagine wearing a mask at an indoor pool.

Yes and No. Ppl sitting in their chairs most not wearing masks. Some ppl are. Ppl in pools/hot tubs not wearing masks. But when ppl are moving around I would say majority are wearing masks. 

Pool now. 1230 pm

PXL_20220107_173903830.thumb.jpg.41790c13bfaa203b1e61d42170977cc8.jpg

So word is crew taken off with COVID we're working wind jammer , so yeah, if your worried I would say stay clear of WJ.

WJ is open for dinner , went last night and the garlic cheese bread was to die for, one of the best I have ever had, being a bread expert I highly recommend 🤣🤣

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

For the techies. 

Mobile hotspot works very well with ships purchased  internet package , if you want to use multiple devices. Use at your own risk and risk being morally judged 😂 

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If this is the case then virtually no one cruising out of Florida would be able to leave the ship to go onto the island.

I know. I mean we have a deadline for getting on the ship for tests so can you imagine if each island wants their own deadline.  It would be nonstop testing all the time.   Biggest mess is using their private islands.  I come on.  really

I see things changing so much just in the last month and it is getting hard to keep up and deciding what to do if one has a planned cruise in the next 2 months.    

• Like 1

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

I know. I mean we have a deadline for getting on the ship for tests so can you imagine if each island wants their own deadline.  It would be nonstop testing all the time.   Biggest mess is using their private islands.  I come on.  really

I see things changing so much just in the last month and it is getting hard to keep up and deciding what to do if one has a planned cruise in the next 2 months.    

My next is Jan 22.  No idea if I'll be going. It is very hard to enjoy any anticipation which is always a big part of any cruise.😐

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My next is Jan 22.  No idea if I'll be going. It is very hard to enjoy any anticipation which is always a big part of any cruise.😐

I hear you.  That is why I like to watch PTZ tv and see the ships coming and going out of FLA, Nassau and other places.  Then if I really get down in the dumps, I look at photos of my past cruises.  

At least I just got my crystal from my Ovation of the Seas cruise I took in 2019 and asked on recent Anthem to look into it.  wow those little things are heavy.  

• Like 3

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

I hear you.  That is why I like to watch PTZ tv and see the ships coming and going out of FLA, Nassau and other places.  Then if I really get down in the dumps, I look at photos of my past cruises.  

At least I just got my crystal from my Ovation of the Seas cruise I took in 2019 and asked on recent Anthem to look into it.  wow those little things are heavy.  

I love the crystal blocks. Some people don't seems to care much for them but I do!

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I love the crystal blocks. Some people don't seems to care much for them but I do!

it is my first and hoping to get a few more.  I know I can buy them on ebay, but prefer to earn them.

and I have 60 more points to go hoping 2022 I can cruise and get another crystal in 2023.

toodles

• Like 1