Anthem NYE - Live

alexgtp

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if it will affect future sailings. Allure had issues for awhile that slowed the ship until it could get into a drydock.

If they can't fix it in Bayonne, it will surely effect the upcoming cruises until it is fixed no doubt about that. They will have to sail must slower.

4 hours ago, alexgtp said:

Ok Capt Tony just announced mechanical issues. One of the azipods is having issues. Crew working on it.

We are slowing down and will arrive to Bayonne 830AM.  2.5 HOUR DELAY .

This is why we always fly out later. You never know.

Any Update on that time? Is it still 8:30 or is it later now ? Cruise Mapper is showing 11:30

9:43 am and Key, Red Tag and self disembarkation was just called. Going to be alot of missed flights.

Sitting in stateroom, watching a RC/Hallmark movie. 😂😂

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

9:43 am and Key, Red Tag and self disembarkation was just called. Going to be alot of missed flights.

Sitting in stateroom, watching a RC/Hallmark movie. 😂😂

Any update on whether the pod can be fixed in port or if it will require drydocking the ship?

23 hours ago, alexgtp said:

Brass and Bock beer line up currently. 

Only craft beer is Floridian by Funky Buddha out of Miami, Fl

PXL_20220108_192630145.thumb.jpg.5329b971097a922a21b0088873b01280.jpg

Yeah, i was kinda dissaponted about that when I was onboard anthem a few weeks ago.  There was certainly a better selection at that venue pre-pandemic.  There was also a better selection at Playmakers on Oasis earlier this year.

Finally back home  Final thought's

Was cruising NYE during a pandemic worth all the hassle and extra hoops and itinerary changes.

YES.

Emphatically YES and I would not change a thing (except add more days!!!)

I traveled with my wife and my elderly parent's (both early 80's).

We felt 100% safe! Never once did we ever feel unsafe or felt unsafe for my parent's, RCL went above and beyond! Always washy washy, strictly enforcing masking rule's and calling to attention to ppl who felt free to abuse the safety protocols put in place.

Staff was unbelievably attentive to all of our need's, some even went above and beyond anything we could have ever asked for. Great staff thru and thru.

Shows were very good;

Frankie and the Dreamer's hand's down the best show I have seen on a cruise ship, Ryan Molloy is a true showman, and WOW can he sing. The singing, the jokes, the choreography and the house band make this show a MUST NOT MISS.

WWRY was a pretty good show, singer's are good and the costume lighting and band all did a spectacular job. Story was fun , quirky and never took itself too serious. Makes for a fun show.

Spectra's Cabaret: I don't even know where to begin, this thing was a complete train-wreck. Only saving grace was the cool lighting and technology. I enjoy a good cabaret and have seen many.

This however was trying to hard to do too much. It is one of those things you will just have too watch. You will either LOVE IT or HATE IT. We all agreed it was  waste of time.

Comedy /Juggler : Both fun and enjoyable!

On board musicians:

High Voltage , We literally saw them every night. They have a huge musical catalog they play from. They even played some Rock Music in Spanish , MANA for those who know this band. Them being from Argentina, i noticed how much more they enjoyed playing this genre of music, which they would have played more in Spanish. These guys are truly talented and understand the art of music.

Beatle's tribute: Typical Beatle's tribute band fun to listen to and dance. 

Latin Heat: being huge latin music lover's and dancer's this was the biggest disappointment of the cruise. Absolute worst singer's i have ever heard. Nothing redeeming. We tried to get into the music , but just couldn't. Bummer for us because we have never missed a Latin band or bar on any of our sailing's, Luckily DJ Big J played a lot of music we danced to.

Schooner bar piano singer was just ok (High Voltage and Beatle's piano players were 100% better)

Brass and Bock Guitar player was enjoyable.

Caribbean Vibe - they were a fun band! 

Now the ship:

Solarium is awesome!! Loved spending time there.

Layout of Esplanade was kind of a bummer. 

Food was great as always.

Service was above and beyond!

Bar staff Beyond incredible!

Specialty dining was great, exception being Jamie's (we like Giovanni's better)

Wonderland was a fun experience (no mad hatter and no painting your menu) cocktails were inventive and fun.

Chef's table was amazing! Chef Anton and Sommelier Anton made this extra special for us, we ended up, only being my family for Chef's table so they went above and beyond!

Sorting thru pictures and videos. Will post soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

Was cruising NYE during a pandemic worth all the hassle and extra hoops and itinerary changes.

YES.

We felt 100% safe! Never once did we ever feel unsafe or felt unsafe for my parent's, RCL went above and beyond! Always washy washy, strictly enforcing masking rule's and calling to attention to ppl who felt free to abuse the safety protocols put in place.

Staff was unbelievably attentive to all of our need's, some even went above and beyond anything we could have ever asked for. Great staff thru and thru.

Shows were very good;

Frankie and the Dreamer's hand's down the best show I have seen on a cruise ship, Ryan Molloy is a true showman, and WOW can he sing. The singing, the jokes, the choreography and the house band make this show a MUST NOT MISS.

WWRY was a pretty good show, singer's are good and the costume lighting and band all did a spectacular job. Story was fun , quirky and never took itself too serious. Makes for a fun show.

Spectra's Cabaret: I don't even know where to begin, this thing was a complete train-wreck. Only saving grace was the cool lighting and technology. I enjoy a good cabaret and have seen many.

This however was trying to hard to do too much. It is one of those things you will just have too watch. You will either LOVE IT or HATE IT. We all agreed it was  waste of time.

On board musicians:

High Voltage , We literally saw them every night. They have a huge musical catalog they play from. They even played some Rock Music in Spanish , MANA for those who know this band. Them being from Argentina, i noticed how much more they enjoyed playing this genre of music, which they would have played more in Spanish. These guys are truly talented and understand the art of music.

Latin Heat: being huge latin music lover's and dancer's this was the biggest disappointment of the cruise. Absolute worst singer's i have ever heard. Nothing redeeming. We tried to get into the music , but just couldn't. Bummer for us because we have never missed a Latin band or bar on any of our sailing's, Luckily DJ Big J played a lot of music we danced to.

Schooner bar piano singer was just ok (High Voltage and Beatle's piano players were 100% better)

Now the ship:

Wonderland was a fun experience (no mad hatter and no painting your menu) cocktails were inventive and fun.

Chef's table was amazing! Chef Anton and Sommelier Anton made this extra special for us, we ended up, only being my family for Chef's table so they went above and beyond!

Great review and so glad you had a blast.  so encouraging for those us that are "rolling the dice" and going forward with their cruises.  I really hope this will help those that are :on the fence'' about their upcoming reservations. So glad for you and your families memories that will last forever.  Life is too short and your parents are not getting any younger.  So glad you got to spend your time with them onboard.  Great decision.

6 hours ago, alexgtp said:

YES.

Shows were very good;

On board musicians:

Now the ship:

Thank you so much.

Your reviews and photos were the best.

All of your details were greatly appreciated.

Hope you can do it again someday soon.

The demographics for this cruise were pretty consistent with most cruises I have taken. A nice mix of old and young.

Only 1 thing really stood out.

Never in my amount of sailing have I seen so many mobility scooter's. I literally counted over 100, pretty high number's for a ship sailing at 1/2 capacity.

Pre-Covid I would sail and I could count the number of mobility scooter's on 1 hand (ok maybe 2 hands)

Also 1 adorable best behaved "GOOD BOY" Service Animal. (yes he was an actual Service Dog.)

48 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

The demographics for this cruise were pretty consistent with most cruises I have taken. A nice mix of old and young.

Only 1 thing really stood out.

Never in my amount of sailing have I seen so many mobility scooter's. I literally counted over 100, pretty high number's for a ship sailing at 1/2 capacity.

Pre-Covid I would sail and I could count the number of mobility scooter's on 1 hand (ok maybe 2 hands)

Also 1 adorable best behaved "GOOD BOY" Service Animal. (yes he was an actual Service Dog.)

Good to see that people are back to cruising 

no matter what.  Can't wait to cruise again.

3 hours ago, alexgtp said:

Yeah, I saw him/her several times.  Once "sunbathing" on deck 15, yawning walking past the Schooner Bar, and sleeping under the table at the edge of the Schooner Bar.

• Haha 1