My eDocs Showed a Different Cabin for January Cruise

txtechmk

We sail January 19th on the Reflection.  I decided to check out our eDocs for the first time.  I noticed the cabin was changed from my corner aft sky suite to a deck 12 aqua suite!  I called immediately, as I did not want a cabin under the noisy pool deck chairs, based on other poster's experiences.  Customer service could not tell me why my original cabin on deck 6 was no longer available (!), and I had it booked since July.  If I remember correctly, someone had posted that deck 6 had been used as a quarantine deck on other cruises, so maybe that was it.  Anyway, the rep gave me a couple of options of different sky suites that were still available, and I settled on one on deck 11.  I am so glad I decided to check these eDocs, and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?  I'm hoping and praying we will get to sail....

Now

1.- Sky Suite 2178 price with 4 perks is $8,411.44

2.- Aqua Class 2142 price with indulge package is $7,127.44

3-' Aqua Class 2142 price with AI is $5,927.44

If your booking was not a Guarantee, Celebrity  must assign the best suite available, or return the difference in cash

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Now

1.- Sky Suite 2178 price with 4 perks is $8,411.44

2.- Aqua Class 2142 price with indulge package is $7,127.44

3-' Aqua Class 2142 price with AI is $5,927.44

If your booking was not a Guarantee, Celebrity  must assign the best suite available, or return the difference in cash

Corner afts on deck 6 have a tiny balcony; so glad they moved you and you moved yourself to deck 11!

1 hour ago, txtechmk said:

We sail January 19th on the Reflection.  I decided to check out our eDocs for the first time.  I noticed the cabin was changed from my corner aft sky suite to a deck 12 aqua suite!  I called immediately, as I did not want a cabin under the noisy pool deck chairs, based on other poster's experiences.  Customer service could not tell me why my original cabin on deck 6 was no longer available (!), and I had it booked since July.  If I remember correctly, someone had posted that deck 6 had been used as a quarantine deck on other cruises, so maybe that was it.  Anyway, the rep gave me a couple of options of different sky suites that were still available, and I settled on one on deck 11.  I am so glad I decided to check these eDocs, and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?  I'm hoping and praying we will get to sail....

That exact scenario happened with our sailing on the Reflection, November 13. Had I not looked at all my information on the Celebrity site, I would have been pitching a fit at the terminal on embarkation day! We had a veranda on 6 and they moved us, with no communication of any kind to us or our TA, to deck 7. That would have been fine except it was very forward which we do not care for. This was the day before we were leaving for the cruise. I was on the phone immediately and was able to get a location we liked. Cruise was great!

My understanding is that Deck 6 is being used as a quarantine deck which might explain why you were moved.  That is what has been reported anyway.  

Mind you I'm in a Deck 6 cabin and sail this Monday on APEX and my cabin has not been changed, so I'm not sure how consistent or reliable the info is.  Maybe it depends on the sailing, or maybe mine will be moved during embarkation which many people have reported.  

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Corner afts on deck 6 have a tiny balcony; so glad they moved you and you moved yourself to deck 11!

I've always been under the impression that the corner aft sky suites on Reflection had larger (though angled) balconies, not smaller ones than other sky suites, and were some of the more desirable of the S1 cabins.  No???

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, canderson said:

I've always been under the impression that the corner aft sky suites on Reflection had larger (though angled) balconies, not smaller ones than other sky suites, and were some of the more desirable of the S1 cabins.  No???

The deck 6 corner aft S1s on Reflection have smaller balconies.  Lots of threads and pictures about this over the years. 

16 hours ago, eroller said:

My understanding is that Deck 6 is being used as a quarantine deck which might explain why you were moved.  That is what has been reported anyway.  

Mind you I'm in a Deck 6 cabin and sail this Monday on APEX and my cabin has not been changed, so I'm not sure how consistent or reliable the info is.  Maybe it depends on the sailing, or maybe mine will be moved during embarkation which many people have reported.  

It might depend upon when there is a crew turnover. On Silhouette Dec 3 sailing, I noticed deck 6 was closed off. Our steward and one of the bar tenders each told me that they were leaving the ship the same day we were and that their replacements were in quarantine...part of the Celebrity process. So it may be less a ship issue than when the replacement crew is to start.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

The deck 6 corner aft S1s on Reflection have smaller balconies.  Lots of threads and pictures about this over the years. 

Good to know.  Fortunately, we've put 'the kids' into 8340 for our next cruise.

Will be our first time on Reflection.  It was weird.  It's a TA that tends to have suites heavily booked early, and we wanted to get them an S1, and several of the corners were available, though almost none of the other S1s were available.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Good to know.  Fortunately, we've put 'the kids' into 8340 for our next cruise.

Will be our first time on Reflection.  It was weird.  It's a TA that tends to have suites heavily booked early, and we wanted to get them an S1, and several of the corners were available, though almost none of the other S1s were available.

It's a long walk to those corner aft ones from the midship elevators (Reflection doesn't have a set of public aft elevators).  I like them all in all, but there was one day I had to make that trek twice in a row because we left something in the room that we needed, and it was mighty annoying.  Those aft ones can be more expensive, too, so I can understand why they might not always be the first ones booked.  And of course they are aft, which some people actively avoid for motion reasons.

Edited by bEwAbG

1 minute ago, bEwAbG said:

It's a long walk to those corner aft ones from the midship elevators (Reflection doesn't have a set of aft elevators).  I like them all in all, but there was one day I had to make that trek twice in a row because we left something in the room that we needed, and it was mighty annoying.  Those aft ones can be more expensive, too, so I can understand why they might not always be the first ones booked.  And of course they are aft, which some people actively avoid for motion reasons.

That's my one real gripe common to both S and E class - removal of one of the banks of elevators vs. M class, which we find much more convenient.

But the 'kids' are still young enough to manage the walk, so I think they'll be fine there.  And we're not traveling when seas are known to be particularly rough for this itinerary.

I appreciate all the comments, as this will be our first aft cabin.  So many posters had mentioned that they loved the view off the back of the ship, we thought we would give it a try.  We do not mind the extra steps, as we feel it will give us our much needed exercise.  I looked at the "spreadsheet" for this cabin, and someone had posted that there was window cleaning equipment out one side, so I hope that's not the case. Oh well, as long as it's not directly out in front of our view.......😜  We are so ready for cruising!  Even if we wear our masks inside!