Face Mask Lanyard

1 minute ago, broadwaycam said:

If I have a chain / lanyard attached to my face mask can I keep it attached when going through security at the terminal on boarding day?

Excellent question. I am following.  

I always have my lanyard attached when going through airport security and have never had an issue but it will depend entirely on what your lanyard is made of.

I always have a back-up unattched surgical mask in bag pocket but I guess that wouldn’t help if bag had gone through and I hadn’t! My lanyard is simple enough to unclip while mask is in place if necessary although I had never given it a thought.

As stated above you could be delayed for wanding.

6 minutes ago, beachluver9 said:

We flew and cruised in November.  We had mask lanyards purchased at Hobby Lobby attached to our masks the entire trip. We never had to take them off at either airport or ships security. I think the "metal" clips were mostly shiny plastic, lol

Just not enough metal to set off anything is all, at least on ours.  Heck my jewelry and DH's watch has a lot more metal in it than the lanyards do.  It's also a very lightweight metal, not dense at all.  If they picked up low density metals, then every zipper, snap, metal button would set it off.

Edited by BND

You can always buy the velcro straps so the mask is held away from your ears to reduce pain and it can hang around your neck when needed.  Just don't touch the front of the mask when moving it up and down - never ceases to amaze me how many times people touch the front of the mask and then touch other things.